Speed Camera Alerts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KS17

Car
A CLASS A180 AMG SPORT
Hi, I have a 2014 A Class A180 AMG SPORT with Becker Map Pilot. My Navigation hasn’t been updated for ages and I’ve heard it would cost like £90 to update. Does anyone know if I’ve got the option to buy “SPEED CAMERA ALERTS” to use with my Becker Map Pilot? Cheers

Hi, I have a 2014 A Class A180 AMG SPORT with Becker Map Pilot. My Navigation hasn’t been updated for ages and I’ve heard it would cost like £90 to update. Does anyone know if I’ve got the option to buy “SPEED CAMERA ALERTS” to use with my Becker Map Pilot? Cheers

I would say you could buy “SPEED CAMERA ALERTS”, I had them on my A220 64 Plate, though I had it from new.

I had to Register the Becker Unit online with Becker and the Option to buy “SPEED CAMERA ALERTS” at around 24 Euros became available!:D

I don't know how if this can be done separately, or if you have to Update the Unit first though! :oops:

Save yourself some money and stick to the speed limits :)

Use Waze, allways up to date as datais constantly inputted by users. Not sure if your car has Apple car play though.

I bought the maps update and the safety cameras database option for the Becker Map Pilot in my 2013 C-Class and it worked just fine, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in your car.

As others said, Waze is better, though you'll need to stick the phone on the windscreen in order to use Waze, as your car is too old to have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

(Apple CarPlay or Android Auto would have allowed you to see your phone's screen on the car's display)

You could contact www.comandonline.co.uk who can supply and fit Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to your car, though it might be a bit OTT given what you are actually trying to achieve.

I would say you could buy “SPEED CAMERA ALERTS”, I had them on my A220 64 Plate, though I had it from new.

I had to Register the Becker Unit online with Becker and the Option to buy “SPEED CAMERA ALERTS” at around 24 Euros became available!:D

I don't know how if this can be done separately, or if you have to Update the Unit first though! :oops:
Hi I have a 2013 e class facelift I bought speed camera warning on ebay for £9 works great you download it onto a sd card and pop it in your card slot call it poi's works great and you can update it every month.

Forgot to say it is called SCDB FOR mercedes comand.

Yes, though that's the unofficial camera database for COMAND - there isn't an official camera database for COMAND. There's limited functionality though - e.g. it will warn about all cameras in a certain radius, and not just about cameras on the actual route, etc. And it resides on an SD-Card which need to be manually imported into the POI database and then left in the SD-Card slot, making the update process a bit cumbersome.

Said that, the OP was asking about the camera database for Becker Map Pilot on Audio20 - which is an official product with full functionality.

Does MB permit an audible warning on POIs now or is it still visual only?

IMO a POI file on an SD card is too archaic. Just use either Waze or, my personal favourite, TomTom amiGO on your smartphone.

A nice feature of the BMP is, BTW, that it can be set to sound a beep whenever the speed limit is exceeded at all times, i.e. even when when Audio20 isn't on the Navi screen and when no route guidance is active.

They work fine on 4.7, you switch them on in the command personal poi menu, will have a look later if you can't find it.

Mind you, the way the roads are at the moment I think 'Pot Hole Alert' would be more appropriate !

The way plenty of vehicles are driven, an "****hole Alert" app would be pretty useful too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom