• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Sportscars in the park SCITP Newby Hall 5th May 2024

23 Romeo Tango

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
X253 GLC 250 || Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach
Sportscars in the park, Newby Hall 5th May 2024

I know a few of us have met at Sportscars in the park before, anyone planning to go this year?

I've just been online to try and book tickets and this is what I got:
Due to this events popularity. We have temporarily limited ticket sales to previous attendees only. You have attended 1 events before and the minimum attendance is currently 3. Please try again when the tickets are in open release

Calendar

Now
Regular attendee tickets available​
1st February
Tickets switch to open release​
2th May
Club and country entry closes​
5th May
Event day​

Venue details​

Newby Hall is one of our larger meets which attracts more than 1,000+ sports cars. There will also be a number of related stalls on the day. Cars may leave early, so make sure your there before 2pm at the latest if your wanting to see the cars. Newby Hall was designed by Sir Christopher Wren, with some of Britain's finest Robert Adam interiors Newby Hall is home to a wonderful collection of Chippendale furniture, Gobelins tapestries and classical statuary. With 25 acres of award winning gardens including one of Europe's largest double herbaceous borders, an enchanting woodland walk and a miniature railway, younger visitors will also enjoy the exciting adventure garden

Event itinerary​

08:15
Display cars arrival (Make sure you have a ticket, we don`t do pay on the day for display cars!)
12:00
All cars must arrive on-site before 12:00
14:00
Its not a lock in but we would like you to stay till at least 14:00
16:00
Departure (no rush, its a Sunday)

Sportscars in the park, Newby Hall 5th May 2024

I know a few of us have met at Sportscars in the park before, anyone planning to go this year?

I've just been online to try and book tickets and this is what I got:
Due to this events popularity. We have temporarily limited ticket sales to previous attendees only. You have attended 1 events before and the minimum attendance is currently 3. Please try again when the tickets are in open release

Hi Richie, I'll probably be there again but the novelty is wearing off a bit. We went twice to Newby Hall last year as their alternative Autumn venue at Castle Howard wasn't available.

I don't think I'll be in the Mercedes, I'll be getting that ready for Benz on the Green which is usually the following weekend, but I should hopefully be in something a bit on the loud and "interesting" side. The Sports Cars in the Park website even have it listed now under it's own marque name as it's been a few times. :)

This is not far from me and a few of us from the village were going to go, but I've now had to change my trip to the Pau Classic in France so that I'm back for work by 27th.
I was going via Portsmouth/Santander spend a few days in the Picos onto Pau for the weekend then slowly work my way back up through France after the Pau Classic and exit via the Tunnel but this now isn't going to work time wise, so I'm going earlier (the 5th) via the tunnel and back via Bilbao/Portsmouth which will allow me more time in France/Spain and get me back by 27th. SO.... I will miss the Newby Hall event :wallbash:

Everything happens at the same time!

Ill be there again hoping to be in the SLK55 AMG but we'll see
I wasn't really bothered after the poor autum event

I haven't been able to make it for the last few years due to work rotation, but this year I'm scheduled to be home so thought I'd give it a go.

This is not far from me and a few of us from the village were going to go, but I've now had to change my trip to the Pau Classic in France so that I'm back for work by 27th.
I was going via Portsmouth/Santander spend a few days in the Picos onto Pau for the weekend then slowly work my way back up through France after the Pau Classic and exit via the Tunnel but this now isn't going to work time wise, so I'm going earlier (the 5th) via the tunnel and back via Bilbao/Portsmouth which will allow me more time in France/Spain and get me back by 27th. SO.... I will miss the Newby Hall event :wallbash:

Everything happens at the same time!
Doh!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_163546_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_163546_Edge.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 13
Sorry to hear that👆🏼
A trip to Ripon it is then.

Are there any more takers for this day out?
I'm planning to buy my tickets in the first couple of weeks in February, but I'm trying to gauge numbers to see if it's worth booking in a MBClub group, going solo or joining another group.

I understand @daveenty and @Spider10 are planning on going, but is anyone interested in going as an MBClub group or are you planning to buy general public tickets.

@Germgh0st is also going, but he is joining the anti-indicator group and maybe @BoristheBounce will turn up if he isn't cruising the continent.

Looks like I might be available, France is now July......Nice and chilled then!
As I said earlier, some of the guys in the village are trying to organise something, including Russ Swift, who lives in the village Russ Swift Stunt Driving
Some of you oldies might remember him :)
I will confirm once I know.
Cheers

Nev

Some very impressive facts on his website.

In 1987 a video was sent to an advertising agency suggesting that it would be a good idea to use Russ’s skills in a TV commercial. A story was drawn up and Russ was asked to insert some interesting manoeuvres. The resulting Montego “Car Park” commercial was a major success. Although the commercial only ran for 6 weeks It was highly acclaimed all over the world. It was featured at the Cannes Film Festival and in America was voted the world’s most imaginative car commercial.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As I said earlier, some of the guys in the village are trying to organise something, including Russ Swift, who lives in the village Russ Swift Stunt Driving
Some of you oldies might remember him :)
Many years ago I had a few very brief lessons with Russ and his lad Paul, and it was great fun. I was absolutely useless, but it was fun. My Dad however has wasted his reason for being, he was a natural.

He got in the car in a world of his own and Russ asked him to have a go at the 180-degree parallel park, so he could then teach him how, and see the improvement. He just did it, millimetre perfect.

At first Russ said that he thought it was a wind up, but my Dad assured him he hadn’t done it before. I can’t remember what the bet was now, but Russ bet that my Dad couldn’t do it again. He did, twice more.

It was part of an event at Rockingham and so it was in front of a crowd too. We went back to the same event a year later, and Russ and Paul both recognised him and asked him to do the demo instead of them.

Incredibly he did, and nailed it again first time, and he did it again a few more times when it came to his turn. I dread to think how he must drive his Honda Jazz when my Mom is not in the car!

1706213162110.jpeg

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Are there any more takers for this day out?
I'm planning to buy my tickets in the first couple of weeks in February, but I'm trying to gauge numbers to see if it's worth booking in a MBClub group, going solo or joining another group.

I understand @daveenty and @Spider10 are planning on going, but is anyone interested in going as an MBClub group or are you planning to buy general public tickets.

@Germgh0st is also going, but he is joining the anti-indicator group and maybe @BoristheBounce will turn up if he isn't cruising the continent.

I usually just turn up without any planning nowadays Richie, as does Spider10 as far as I'm aware. The only thing most of us tend to do is to use "MBClub.co.uk" as our group when booking on the SCITP website. The event marshals usually just lump us all together under the German flag anyhow as there are not normally enough of us for our own separate area. I'll be in the German area whichever motor I bring though, nobody seems bothered really about one interloper. :D

I usually just turn up without any planning nowadays Richie, as does Spider10 as far as I'm aware. The only thing most of us tend to do is to use "MBClub.co.uk" as our group when booking on the SCITP website. The event marshals usually just lump us all together under the German flag anyhow as there are not normally enough of us for our own separate area. I'll be in the German area whichever motor I bring though, nobody seems bothered really about one interloper. :D
Ok Dave, thanks for that.
I’ll look at booking under MBClub and filter in with our German friends.

Many years ago I had a few very brief lessons with Russ and his lad Paul, and it was great fun. I was absolutely useless, but it was fun. My Dad however has wasted his reason for being, he was a natural.

He got in the car in a world of his own and Russ asked him to have a go at the 180-degree parallel park, so he could then teach him how, and see the improvement. He just did it, millimetre perfect.

At first Russ said that he thought it was a wind up, but my Dad assured him he hadn’t done it before. I can’t remember what the bet was now, but Russ bet that my Dad couldn’t do it again. He did, twice more.

It was part of an event at Rockingham and so it was in front of a crowd too. We went back to the same event a year later, and Russ and Paul both recognised him and asked him to do the demo instead of them.

Incredibly he did, and nailed it again first time, and he did it again a few more times when it came to his turn. I dread to think how he must drive his Honda Jazz when my Mom is not in the car!

View attachment 152350

Sorry for the thread hijack!
He's a really nice guy, still very busy, most of his work is in the Far East now and is away maybe five or six times a year for 2/3 weeks doing demos. He's so famous/popular out there his partner was telling my wife she hates it, they can't even go out of the hotel without bodyguards, must be a pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom