• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

squealing breaks

GazM

Car
CLK 500 Convertible
Hi all
a few weeks ago i had the discs and pads changed since then the breaks when coming to a stop (a low speed) any suggestions on how to fix it?

cheers

Did you have the front or rear changed?

The squeek often comes from the rear. A little shamfer on the pads help as well as correct fitment.

Did you have the front or rear changed?

The squeek often comes from the rear. A little shamfer on the pads help as well as correct fitment.

they were the front ones!
the reason i got them done was because the car juddered under braking. since theyve been done the juddering is not as bad but the car still doesnt feel right. does anyone have any suggestions?
cheers

In what way do you mean? Steering, suspension, engine, gearbox etc????

its hard to explain - it felt like it was coming from the front brakes before (hence getting the discs and pads changed) but last week the rear of the car was vibrating under braking - it definately felt like it was the brakes but now yu mention it it could have been suspension. i did have the rear struts replaced at the same time as the discs and pads!

You may find that the rear discs and pads have a lump of corrosion on them (likely on the inside) causing the vibration while braking. BUT a very worn suspension joint can cause this too. You need to get the wheels off to take a look really.

You may find that the rear discs and pads have a lump of corrosion on them (likely on the inside) causing the vibration while braking. BUT a very worn suspension joint can cause this too. You need to get the wheels off to take a look really.

cheers for that - think it will get it into someone next week. i'm a bit annoyed the indy that replaced the pads and discs didnt really check the car after changing them!

Its not their fault really. They are probably fine when they are cold and only become apparent when fully hot. A road test by them to bed the brakes in when you had them fitted won't fully warm them up.

Its not their fault really. They are probably fine when they are cold and only become apparent when fully hot. A road test by them to bed the brakes in when you had them fitted won't fully warm them up.

true. but the vibtation is still there and they would have noiticed if they drove the car!
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom