• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Starter battery replacement c350e

dasachmo

Car
c320 w203
Hi everyone.
I gave my c350e to Mercedes today as it wouldn't go into e mode and thought it might be the aux battery.

They told me its the starter battery showing excess resistance and would need replacing and this isn't covered by the extended warranty?

They returned the car and the driver mentioned to my dad that the technician just charged the old one and let the car run for 40 mins which luckily was caught on ring camera.

Can this be the case? I opened the boot and the battery in there by varta has a date 05/24 which I'm assuming could be the manufacture date (as opposed to expiry)

Also, is it correct that none of this is covered under Mercedes used extended warranty?

Not sure about the extended warranty, but if you bought the car less than 6 months ago the Consumer Rights Act 2015 may apply.

Batteries are consumables so not generally covered under the car's warranty, unless it fails within the battery's own warranty period. 5/24 will be the manufacturing date (not expiry).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom