• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Red paint problem, Mercedes not accepting responsibility

To my knowledge, Hyacinth Red has never been affected by micro blistering.
AFAIK, you’re right Roger.

FWIW, it was a toss-up between the Diamond White E63 that I bought and a Hyacinth Red one. I would have preferred the red one which had essentially the same spec but with porcelain Designo interior, but the dealer (Marshall Group) was a complete ar$e, so I bought the white one - with the common-or-garden black coal-hole upholstery from a Sytner dealership instead.

It’s Fire Opal Red and Mars Red - the solid reds - that were problematic.

AFAIK, you’re right Roger.

FWIW, it was a toss-up between the Diamond White E63 that I bought and a Hyacinth Red one. I would have preferred the red one which had essentially the same spec but with porcelain Designo interior, but the dealer (Marshall Group) was a complete ar$e, so I bought the white one - with the common-or-garden black coal-hole upholstery from a Sytner dealership instead.

It’s Fire Opal Red and Mars Red - the solid reds - that were problematic.
So when I was specifying my SL from the factory. Hyacinth Red was pulled off of my factory specification because they had issues with it. They effectively told me that I would have my order paused indefinitely if I insisted on keeping it. So it sounds like the pause they had solved that problem. I have no idea how long it was unavailable. I love that colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom