Steering Wheel Badge/Emblem

Discussion in 'Interior' started by kswiss, Sep 19, 2004.

1. kswiss

kswiss New Member

My w202 comes with a steering wheel with just a plain mercedes sign with no chrome or badge sign. Is it possible to buy badges that will fit on the steering wheel?

2. sym

sym Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C220CDI Sport
    No :( You will need to replace the airbag with an updated one, as the badge is part of it, and not advisable to stick anything on top of the airbag.

Can be a very expensive modification, unless you need a new airbag anyway - or happen to pick one up cheaply somewhere.

S.

3. Dieselman

Dieselman Banned

Car:
    Peugeot 403 Convertible
    It intrigues me that MB design a car with no badge on the airbag presumably for safety reasons, then add a metal badge.

What happens to the badge if the airbag goes off??

Is it a case that for the rest of your life everyone knows you crashed your Mercedes? Aha the mercedes penalty.

4. sym

sym Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C220CDI Sport
    Well it's not metal, I don't think, .... feels more like 'chromified' plastic , and I assume bonded to one side of the flap that blows open when the bag inflates.

Hope I never have to find out !!

5. mickl

mickl Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK280 W209
    when you have a head-on ,you're supposed to duck out of the way of the flap flying towards you then stick your head back up for the airbag to inflate into.........

6. V12

V12 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S320CDI LWB
    Yes, it is glued onto the bottom flap part and i have seen loads of cars where it is still firmly in tact on the 'gone off' airbag :)