Steering Wheel Badge/Emblem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kswiss

My w202 comes with a steering wheel with just a plain mercedes sign with no chrome or badge sign. Is it possible to buy badges that will fit on the steering wheel?

No :( You will need to replace the airbag with an updated one, as the badge is part of it, and not advisable to stick anything on top of the airbag.

Can be a very expensive modification, unless you need a new airbag anyway - or happen to pick one up cheaply somewhere.

S.

It intrigues me that MB design a car with no badge on the airbag presumably for safety reasons, then add a metal badge.

What happens to the badge if the airbag goes off??

Is it a case that for the rest of your life everyone knows you crashed your Mercedes? Aha the mercedes penalty.

Well it's not metal, I don't think, .... feels more like 'chromified' plastic , and I assume bonded to one side of the flap that blows open when the bag inflates.

Hope I never have to find out !!

when you have a head-on ,you're supposed to duck out of the way of the flap flying towards you then stick your head back up for the airbag to inflate into.........

Yes, it is glued onto the bottom flap part and i have seen loads of cars where it is still firmly in tact on the 'gone off' airbag :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom