Stranded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If the circuit is drawing more current than it's designed for (hence the hot relay and blown fuse) then you have to address the cause of that issue; to blow a 30A fuse, that's a major issue.
Thanks, how hot is acceptable on these 40amp relays?

You have filter in the tank too. Probably pretty dirty by now. Pump strain could be from that too, but I’ve not seen that myself. Just theorising

You have filter in the tank too. Probably pretty dirty by now. Pump strain could be from that too, but I’ve not seen that myself. Just theorising
Thanks jobsworth, think I’m going to refresh the wiring at relay block first, and keep an eye on temps etc, like I said I was surprised not to find signs of over heating at the pumps/sender. Looking at replacement 40amp relays, they are temp rated to 85 deg Celsius, that’s sounds scary hot to me.

Thanks jobsworth, think I’m going to refresh the wiring at relay block first, and keep an eye on temps etc, like I said I was surprised not to find signs of over heating at the pumps/sender. Looking at replacement 40amp relays, they are temp rated to 85 deg Celsius, that’s sounds scary hot to me.
After replacing terminals and fuel pump relay all is well after three months, I periodically feel relay, and it’s at an acceptable temp, thanks for everyone’s advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom