Stumbled across an issue with the inlet port shut off motor. Missing part! OM642

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheRevDrSyn

SUPPORTER
Car
2008 R320L CDI
So shortly after getting my R class, it became apparent that the dreaded oil cooler seals needed seeing to. As this required removing the inlet manifolds I decided to reinstate the swirl flaps and bought a new motor and an aluminium rod set. The problem I've come across is that on strip-down, I found one of the linkage arms missing! It is the adjustable arm that is missing (A 6421440035), I only have half of it which suggests that whoever did the delete on the motor made a pigs ear of doing the repair (I must have pulled half a dozen of the split-clips out of the V when cleaning up, no arm though!)

An initial search online seems to show my closest source is Germany via Ebay but I'm hoping I might be able to find one closer to home. Can anyone help please???

You could just fit the resistor and not bother with the IPS motor

Why are you re instating the swirl flaps ? I thought that removing them on this (and other engines) was a 'good' thing . I admit to not knowing much about the process but this must be the first post I have ever seen discussing putting them back into action as opposed to removing them. Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom