Supercharge problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suky Sangha

Car
CLS 55 AMG
Guys just a quick one I sometimes get a lovely charge from my cls 55 AMG on full throttle and then sometimes when I put my foot down again I don't get no response! Would this be a problem with my i c pump ????

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Yes definitely the intercooler pump.

Acid does the Johnson CM30 for £200 fitted. I would recommend one of these or the Bisch '10 pump, failing that you can fit an earlier Bosch '03 alternative via AVT (check EBay), or if you want to push the boat out Meziere.

Jules

Yes definitely the intercooler pump.

Acid does the Johnson CM30 for £200 fitted. I would recommend one of these or the Bisch '10 pump, failing that you can fit an earlier Bosch '03 alternative via AVT (check EBay), or if you want to push the boat out Meziere.

Jules

All as Jules has said, going to be the IC pump, seems everything ok within general driving, but as soon as you ask the car to perform, heat build up and loss of power! no end of people at the last tuning event that was held, suffered this problem on the dyno when the car was asked to perform, although there was 1 no. with a fuelling pump problem, but most common is the IC pump, replace it.

This is now the third one this week.

Its all this hot weather it is really highlighting the weak pumps out there.

Guys thank you very much I will get this sorted out ASAP ! This weather has really shown the weakest link!

Guys thank you very much I will get this sorted out ASAP ! This weather has really shown the weakest link!

Have the same problems :) You can measure the intake air temperature and if is high its one more reason to think at intercooler pump .

Just returned form a visit to PCS to have a new supercharger pulley fitted on my E55 - thanks again to Jack, Olly and Graham, great service and care as usual:thumb:

I had the chance to open the car up a few times on way home as I been having to drive my car very sedately for last few weeks due to pulley issues. My car now has upgraded bosch 10 IC pump and also new upgraded Eurocharged Heat Exchanger fitted. Even with these cooling mods I did notice some irregularity when pulling hard. A couple of times I floored it and the ESP lights were flashing at 70 mph and the acceleration was brutal, whereas other times it definitely didn't want to pull as hard. Maybe even with these mods our current weather is causing some issues, which would be far more noticeable in standard spec.

simon1966 said:
Just returned form a visit to PCS to have a new supercharger pulley fitted on my E55 - thanks again to Jack, Olly and Graham, great service and care as usual:thumb:

I had the chance to open the car up a few times on way home as I been having to drive my car very sedately for last few weeks due to pulley issues. My car now has upgraded bosch 10 IC pump and also new upgraded Eurocharged Heat Exchanger fitted. Even with these cooling mods I did notice some irregularity when pulling hard. A couple of times I floored it and the ESP lights were flashing at 70 mph and the acceleration was brutal, whereas other times it definitely didn't want to pull as hard. Maybe even with these mods our current weather is causing some issues, which would be far more noticeable in standard spec.

Simon a silly question I must ask.....where's pcd based???

Hi

PCS (Prestige Car Services) are based in Horndean a few miles north of Portsmouth on the A3. They are a great bunch of guys and really know their stuff. Olly goes under the name of Blackc55 on the forum, you will find them in the traders section.

Highly recommended by all who use them:thumb:

Sorry there is also Andy at PCD (Prestige Car Diagnostics). I haven't used Andy myself other than he was on hand at the last Eurocharged dyno tuning day helping us all out. I think he is Middlesex based. Again Andy is frequently on the forum and is highly recommended by all who have dealt with him. He has posted above.

simon1966 said:
Sorry there is also Andy at PCD (Prestige Car Diagnostics). I haven't used Andy myself other than he was on hand at the last Eurocharged dyno tuning day helping us all out. I think he is Middlesex based. Again Andy is frequently on the forum and is highly recommended by all who have dealt with him. He has posted above.

Thanks for the brilliant advice .... I have got in touch with Andy and he is going to sort out my issue!!! :)

Andy thank you very much for sorting out my ic pump. Car is pulling hard without any problems!

Sorry to sound thick but is a an IC pump the same as a supercharger pump?

Yeah they are same thing.

Guys just a quick one I sometimes get a lovely charge from my cls 55 AMG on full throttle and then sometimes when I put my foot down again I don't get no response! Would this be a problem with my i c pump ????

When you say no response do you mean no response from when you put your foot down or do you mean a brief flat spot followed by a surge, more like a splutter.

When you say no response do you mean no response from when you put your foot down or do you mean a brief flat spot followed by a surge, more like a splutter.
Best way to detect is to do 3-4 hard accelerations within minutes of each other, best on a higher speed road or private road, if on any of the runs the car starts to feel like it is no longer pulling hard, but just making more gentle progress even though your pedal is floored, then the IC pump is probably failing.

Jules.

Best way to detect is to do 3-4 hard accelerations within minutes of each other, best on a higher speed road or private road, if on any of the runs the car starts to feel like it is no longer pulling hard, but just making more gentle progress even though your pedal is floored, then the IC pump is probably failing.

Jules.

Thanks for that mate, no that's not my issue then. My issue is that when you put your foot down while cruising along, I get a stutter or flat spot, followed by hell being unleashed, as intended! However, if you gently press the pedal first, ie up the revs a little bit first, then floor it, it's perfect......does that make sense?

Thanks for that mate, no that's not my issue then. My issue is that when you put your foot down while cruising along, I get a stutter or flat spot, followed by hell being unleashed, as intended! However, if you gently press the pedal first, ie up the revs a little bit first, then floor it, it's perfect......does that make sense?

Does it happen at a specific RPM or across a wider rev range while cruising?

If a pump was replaced by an MB dealer anyone know if it would it be the 010 pump or the original weak version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom