Supercharger Retrofit, Curiousity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyW202

Car
2004 Mercedes E270CDI Elegance Saloon, 2004 C200 Kompressor Estate Avantgarde SE Sport Pack
Supercharger For Mercedes C230 W202 '98 | eBay UK

Out of curiousity, how hard is it to fit an original equipment supercharger to the M111, I know this is off a C230 Compressor, but would it fit any M111, including the C200?

I take it, there needs to be a custom exhaust/manifold made up.

Where does the charger gets it's drive from the engine, is there another pulley on the serpentine belt.

Also what would be the power output from 136?

:rolleyes:

The problem with fitting a supercharger is, similar to a turbo you would need to consider fuelling, extra cooling, oil channels and intercooler not to mention probably mapping the stock ecu to handle the extra fuelling it will need. If you are wanting a supercharger you would need to take out your current engine and replace it with a kompressor engine, but again considering the price of C230K cars particular of the W202 type, the engine swap wouldnt be cost effective.

The engine may not run right and will need further fettling and money thrown at it to get it close to factory car. If you want a supercharger then buy a car thats ready from the factory with it. Just my opinion.

I'd be thinking the same. Before I bought the E55K, I was considering buying back my previous Alpina and supercharging that.

However, it would have cost me £12k to buy the car back (which is now nearing 100k which put me off) plus £12k for someone like Linden Special Vehicles to install the blower.

...or £17k for the work to be done and all the bugs to be ironed out by people who really know what they are doing (for the E55K).

It's different if you can do it all yourself and have the time and inclination - even people on here have swapped out whole engines to fulfill criteria rather than working with what is there. A lot easier I guess.

I would personally just buy the car that fits your requirements rather than messing around and end up regretting getting started.

Also I think the insurance will bend you over and roger you. Take a car which is blown to start with and one with the mods - I bet you the car with mods will be really stupid money to insure.

Not too sure that a 2ltr 111 engine could handle a 230 supercharger. The 230K block had a mega strong bottom end

Fair enough guys, plus there's an electric plug on the charger, probably an ECU output, to lock up the clutch on the charger? Or a pressure sensor to determine the amount of boost from the stock ECU.

I love individuals who undertake such tasks, if I won the lottery! I'd make all sorts of odd combinations of vehicle components.

But I'm afraid I just have a C200... and even the insurance on this group 11, cripples me... £987!? But then I am 21, so all is fair I guess.

Next car will definately be the E or S Class.

I'm putting my Stag 4 (From my Avensis) on the C200 soon, I've heard the M111 will run great on LPG and Valve recession is unheard on bulletproof Mercedes engines. So at least my luxuryish motoring will be cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom