• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Terminal Velocity May 31st

Ok today is the day and im up.
Looked out the window and the rain is coming down hard...
Im hoping the rain will come and go as i dont really fancy putting my foot down on a wet runway.

Will be making my way 530am.
See you all there.

I just want to say what a brilliant day it was today.
Weather didn't start off great but eventually got better and we all was able to unleash all our many horses.
Proud that a member from the amg club done the fastest speed out of all cars.

Other than that I would like to say it was a pleasure to meet all of you on here. Your all gents.

My first event of this type, think I managed 165 mph on a shortened damp windy track, as always fun meeting old and new faces.

I made 182mph on my speedo which I got on video.
177mph is what they recoded.

I prefer 182mph lol

Stevemax joint 1st 185mph. Well done fella

Great stuff Steve - that last run was well worth it :thumb:.

The lady on the exit was (I think) the organiser's wife - she asked for feedback so I told her that the "pit" and facilities needs to be next to the track, more like VMax so that there's a more joined up experience.

Hopefully they will listen to comments in time for the next one.

Well done Steve you made us proud today!:)

Cheers to the guys that made it and their support, just couldn't let the M5 win although respect due he did that on the shorter course in the morning.:rock:

Once I'd done the 182 I thought there was a chance but then matching the 183 of the M5 and finally getting 184, coming into the paddock with the announcer saying we have a new top speed, no.21 just as I arrived, to a round of applause was a great moment!! :D

PS wheel spinning with the traction light at 157 mph is something else!!
PPS, On one run I got to the braking zone when the heavens suddenly opened, I hit the brakes and the ABS kicking in on the slippery surface was a underpants changing moment!!:eek::eek:

The other two joint 1st were both Nissan GTR's all of us at 184mph so a good "win" for Mercedes:thumb:

Attachments

• 20150531111228.jpg
    20150531111228.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 15
Well done Steve, Mr GTR was desperate to beat you he even started right back before the start line on the last runs :D

So I thought Steve was the Don, Don thought I was matty13, John thought amgant was DVB and I've no idea who it was in the CLK55 :)

Pleased with my speed today over 1.5 miles though :bannana:

[YOUTUBE HD]/lVw0F5kLTs0&vq=hd720[/YOUTUBE HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVw0F5kLTs0&feature=youtu.be

Well done Steve, Mr GTR was desperate to beat you he even started right back before the start line on the last runs :D

So I thought Steve was the Don, Don thought I was matty13, John thought amgant was DVB and I've no idea who it was in the CLK55 :)

I'd forgotten that! GTR took extra track and still couldn't better the 184:bannana:

PS good soundtrack

Excellent day even though the weather was poor I thought it was run well especially for their 1st event.
Well done steve 184 mph is some going :thumb:
As this was my first appearance in this forum it was good to meet some top fellas today such as sjmaxwell,developer,italian cls 55amg,ginger55,the don the,marty359 ,johneboy and others whose forum names escape me lol

Last edited:

Impressive turn of speed there from the diesel:thumb:

Precariously low on fuel too. Saving weight?:D

Many thanks to Marty359 for the loan of the helmet and fantastic media coverage as usual! I think my fat head destroyed the innards of that helmet!

Thanks to the_don for providing the directions in our little (well-behaved) mini convoy. I was relying on my company iPhone which let me down (just showed a grid) for directions. Not impressed. Did work later finding my way back on the A12 to be fair.

Nice to see the regulars and meet the new chaps / those I'd not met before. I also spoke to a couple of other chaps - one with a red Lancer and Jaguar XFR who were top guys.

Great selection cars and some good results.

Managed 179mph in mine which I was quite happy with - it did 173mph at Vmax running at 510BHP so another 90BHP gave me 6mph more... :rolleyes:

Couldn't touch 180mph (AFAIK as one run was not timed) but I did lose my engine tray in spectacular fashion at 160mph I think it was.

I think I confused italian_cls55amg with ItalianTuneUp as well LOL.

Great result for the oiler!

Precariously low on fuel too. Saving weight?:D

I took a dump in the Jet service station on the way up for much the same reason. LOL.

I took a dump in the Jet service station on the way up for much the same reason. LOL.

Another saving of at least 3kg:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom