Thai food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I adore thai food, having lived on it for three years when I was a student. The 'business lunch' menu at the local thai restaurant at £3.95 was excellent value and about the most nutritious option available without cooking myself.

Mrs D's not keen though and so it's a rare treat these days. However, we both fancied something tasty but not chinese, and indian would be too heavy, so we ended up getting a thai. :bannana:

It was OK, but translation from restaurant to takeaway just didn't work in the same way that indian or chinese does. To make matters worse, Mrs D and Jnr D only had starters, and I had a starter & main, but it cost £30!! :eek:

So does anyone have a recipe for a thai sauce suitable for chicken or beef - but not sweet & sour or coconut based?

Picky I know, but there's not much that this club isn't an expert on, so it's worth a go!!

I adore thai food, having lived on it for three years when I was a student. The 'business lunch' menu at the local thai restaurant at £3.95 was excellent value and about the most nutritious option available without cooking myself.

Mrs D's not keen though and so it's a rare treat these days. However, we both fancied something tasty but not chinese, and indian would be too heavy, so we ended up getting a thai. :bannana:

It was OK, but translation from restaurant to takeaway just didn't work in the same way that indian or chinese does. To make matters worse, Mrs D and Jnr D only had starters, and I had a starter & main, but it cost £30!! :eek:

So does anyone have a recipe for a thai sauce suitable for chicken or beef - but not sweet & sour or coconut based?

Picky I know, but there's not much that this club isn't an expert on, so it's worth a go!!

I adore good Chinese & Indian food but on the few occasions I have tried Thai food I have found it to be awful. :( Is the main ingredient some sort of disinfectant?

I love food though, it's the only thing I eat. ;)

Well, Thai use a lot the fish sauce.

However, Chinese have a great sauce called Hoi Sin, which is nice when making black bean chicken for example. It's pretty good out of a tin, compared to those supermarket ready meals or meal packages, if you wanna cook yourself.

Give it a try.

Isn't Lemon Grass a major ingredient..?

Then you MUST visit Thai Orchid

Last edited:
Only one Thai restaurant in Orpington and its very greasy. Must be very high in fats.

Can't remember the name of it but one of the best Chinese restaurants I have visited is on Earls Court Road more or less opposite the "tardis" (perhaps 25 metres either way) near the tube entrance.

Only a small family run place, recently refurbished say two years ago but the food WAS superb.

Any one know the name of the place?

Last edited:
I eat thai food all the time as my friends love it.. but I have to say, i find it bland and boring in comparison to Indian or Chinese.

I do like pad thai though.. lovely.

the Old Thai House in Camberley for anyone in striking distance - the best Thai food I've had outside the Far East. Not cheap, but excellent:)

I am a big Thai food lover. We went out last night to a Thai resturant.

I have yet to try cooking much Thai food. I tend to cook red or greed curries.

Can't remember the name of it but one of the best Chinese restaurants I have visited is on Earls Court Road more or less opposite the "tardis" (perhaps 25 metres either way) near the tube entrance.

Only a small family run place, recently refurbished say two years ago but the food WAS superb.

Any one know the name of the place?

that's addies

link - Best Thai restaurant in London -- Addies thai cafe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom