• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The dreaded Valeo

GlasgowC32E

Car
C32 Estate
Hi Guys,

I have bought a C32 and it has the Valeo Radiator.

i have just checked on Eurocarparts and they stock the nissens and the EIS radiators, the EIS one with our MBCLUB25 code is £113.00.

Is this a good price but more importantly is this radiator up to the job?? Does anybody have any experience of this product??

i have edited this to include a champion radiator which I have found on Ebay for £92.00!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...arParts_SM&hash=item45ff592e5f#ht_1568wt_1037

Thanks in advance.

C32E

Last edited:
Nissens are a DANISH company and for all the difference in price that's what I would go for.

The Nissens Rads are perfect. I have used them a few times with no issues.

Were valeos ever used in CLS?

Get the nissens. I've just it done on my eclass. Who is doing it for you.

I put a Nissens heater matrix in my 190E 2.6 after getting the car cheap because the original unit was leaking .

It did cost me a day of my time to strip out the dash and fit the new unit , but it was still going strong when I last saw the car some 3 years later , kept it for two years myself and passed it onto my sister who subsequently sold it on .

Get the nissens. I've just it done on my eclass. Who is doing it for you.

I may put it into an indy or I have access to a fork lift ramp equipped garage. That was going to be my next question.

Looking at the access I would possibly tackle it from the front, could the experts put a haynes rating on the task in hand??

Thanks guys!!!!

You know there is the option of mounting a seperate transmission cooler under the rad?

I would also go for Nissens, we fit loads and never an issue.

Much easier on a ramp. Make sure you have containers for drained fluid- clamps for the autrans fluid pipes and some top up anti freeze and autrans fluid to make up any losses.

The job is straight forward, just a lot of stuff in the way.

The transmission hoses can often be stuck on... I would order some new seals for them before you start - chances are you may need the sections of hoses too if they are stuck to the rad.

Give it to my Indy in Clydebank. Steven is ace.

The job is straight forward, just a lot of stuff in the way.

The transmission hoses can often be stuck on... I would order some new seals for them before you start - chances are you may need the sections of hoses too if they are stuck to the rad.

Stealership only parts???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom