• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

The Top Ten Top Gear moments

Nasco12

Car
W202 C240 1999 Green; Previous: W202 C200
Top Gear is gone. Oh they might try to revive it with new presenters but it will be a pale imitation of the, er, revival of the original. When a team is broken up as when Diana Rigg left the Avengers, Jo Grant left Doctor Who or Syd Barrett left Pink Floyd things are never the same again. Anyway, just to remind myself of what we were losing I thought I'd compile a list of my Top Ten Top Gear moments. Unfortunately, I got a bit carried away.

1. "Even a Maybach doesn't have one of those" Clarkson and the Russian car with a hole in the floor for fishing.
  2. "Are you a mental?" Clarkson interviews Hammond after the latter's 300mph crash.
  3. Damien Lewis is the Star in the Reasonably-Priced Car in sub-zero temperatures with the track covered in slush.
  4. Clarkson gets attacked by a Rover.
  5. Edd China's James Bond car on the cheap.
  6. James May becoming the fastest human in a production car.
  7. "They're on a starve day." The team take their convertible people carrier to the lion enclosure at Windsor Safari Park.
  8. "How can you set fire to something that's basically water?" The team take their convertible people carrier to a car wash.
  9. "The Stig thought it had been in a big accident and hadn't mended properly" Can you buy a car and drive it to Manchester and back for less than the price of a rail ticket?
  10. Clarkson driving a Peugeot while it is on fire.
  11. Which is faster a TGV or an Aston Martin DB9?
  12. "So I'm breaking the speed limit while Bill Oddie is picking up points on his licence." Clarkson games Japans complicated speeding laws.
  13. The team smoke "herbal cigarettes" in the studio.
  14. Paul McKenna hypnotises Richard Hammond into forgetting how to drive a car.
  15. James May becomes the only person to go to the North Pole who didn't want to.
  16. Clarkson tows a 747 in his "sports" tractor.
  17. On the verge of winning the amphibious car race, Clarkson shows off. His "Toyboata" capsizes and sinks.
  18. Hammond figures out the best way to get out of sinking car.
  19. Clarkson is invited to open a swimming pool. Drives there in a Rolls Royce. Fails to brake in time.
  20. Richard explains that the problem with Clarkson's hair is that "it doesn't work very well as hair."
  21. Every time a piano falls on top of a Morris Marina.
  22. Clarkson being chucked into a freezing pool of water by a man with a pixellated face.
  23. "I could do that faster in a van" Sabine Schmitz puts Clarkson in his place.
  24. "1 times Clarkson destroyed" Jeremy discovers just how difficult it is to outrun a Challenger tank
  25. The Reliant Robin Space Shuttle.
  26. Clarkson's £10,000 super car's engine disintegrates.
  27. "Cyclists. Red and green. Learn the bl**dy difference." Clarkson and May do their bit to make cycling safer.
  28. "I went on the internet and I found this."
  29. "Unfortunately a lot of the design seems to have been done by their crack team of… accountants." Richard finds the Aston switchgear has a familiar look.
  30. James builds an electric car. Jeremy does the design.
  31. In Germany, Richard discovers his M3 has some structural issues.
  32. Clarkson drives his multi-storey mobile home on the motorway
  33. Clarkson enjoys an ice cream while in the background his multi-storey mobile home loses its battle with gravity.
  34. The "Cool Wall" is destroyed in a fire. Clarkson blames "Fifth Gear".
  35. The team go caravanning. They decide that Clarkson is a fit person to be left in charge of a chip pan.
  36. Clarkson saws a Fiat Panda in half. Proceeds to take it for a drive.
  37. "Rear wheel drive is better because you don't see the tree that kills you." Richard explains oversteer and understeer.
  38. Clarkson shows May the service bill for his W100.

Feel free to add your own.

May falling down an embankment on the IOM when testing in horrendous weather 911, M6 and something else...

Clarkson attempting to dive into deep powder snow on the combineharvester/snowplow thing shoot. Powder was hard and shallow.

Test of insane Ascari A10.

Brutus.

Clarkson vs steve coogan, (Vanquish vs fez 550)

Botswana special

Bolivia Special (may falls off planks attempting to board barge)

But, for me, the best was the Vietnam special. One of the most honest shows ever I think. Not too many corny scripted scenes. Just them, on bikes, on a road trip. Fantastic.

Last edited:
Top Gear is gone. Oh they might try to revive it with new presenters but it will be a pale imitation of the, er, revival of the original. When a team is broken up as when Diana Rigg left the Avengers, Jo Grant left Doctor Who or Syd Barrett left Pink Floyd......

....Or Charlie left Busted.

Who cares.

No-one cares but somehow still finds the time to comment...

I think there has been enough Top Gear on here lately.

But Jeremy does like everyone to keep talking.....

Clarkson drives a Disco up a Scottish mountain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom