Thoughts on moving from a S204 C63 to facelift S212 E63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would suggest that the additional cost on the Audi is worth if for the superior build quality alone. I've never owned an RS6 (more's the pity) but I have owned 3 other Audi's and they are extremely well put together, way better than anything else i've ever owned. If £20k more got me a rattle free interior made from high quality materials I could justify it.
That's an interesting perspective. From my personal experience, the few 204 C63s I've had have seemed well screwed together. And the w212s I've been in have always seemed decently built. But no denying the RS6 interior is streets ahead in terms of styling... Those seats are lush. Makes the 212 E63 feel very 'granddad' in comparison lol.

Being a relativity new comer to AMG, you can only judge as you find. My 2014 S212 is rattle free, has decent materials and every thing works apart from the auto load cover. Bit harsh to say the seats are grandad like, I mean they not covered in velour with pipe baccy holes ! :D I had the opportunity whilst solo the other day to try it in 'manual' mode and swiftly came to the conclusion that you do not need any more than the stock motor for road use. Not being a fan of touch screens the buttons and switches appealed to the analogue side of me.

Being a relativity new comer to AMG, you can only judge as you find. My 2014 S212 is rattle free, has decent materials and every thing works apart from the auto load cover. Bit harsh to say the seats are grandad like, I mean they not covered in velour with pipe baccy holes ! :D I had the opportunity whilst solo the other day to try it in 'manual' mode and swiftly came to the conclusion that you do not need any more than the stock motor for road use. Not being a fan of touch screens the buttons and switches appealed to the analogue side of me.
No offence intended, I just think as a package as a whole, the E63 has a much more mature / pipe and slippers look to it. The E63 feels more niche and cult to me, which is a large part of its appeal imo.

To put a 20k premium on perceived build quality is quite a statement especially when the build quality superiority is largely an illusion. My friend has a lovely 2018 rs4 and it has swanky seats which aren't even electronically adjustable which is laughable and the exhaust flaps keep getting stuck . Still it is a stunning looking thing and super fast.

I think audis look the best of all the estates. Mercs are just too understated. If I bought something just on looks I'd pick the audi offerings in estate form in a heartbeat and they have a unfair reputation as being the best performing wagons which they most certainly are not in the mid size segment at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom