• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Thoughts & Opinions on my S211 E500 Estate Please

I've dropped the price a little bit to £4695 and had two offers so far both at £3500 and in two minds whether to accept one of these or not.

The car isn't perfect or a garage queen but far from a shocker so seems a lot of car for the money to me. No rush to sell but no point it sitting there for ages. Still got it taxed this month and will use it a little to keep it ticking along nicely.

I've dropped the price a smidge more to £4395 and relisted the ad on Ebay for another 30 days. Had an offer at £4k which I am happy with but the buyer can't come for a few weeks as is working away.

Had another couple of viewings but both decided it was a little too big for what they needed and one bought an C-Class Estate and the other an A4 Avant.

Great car but it’s the mileage and running costs that conspire to keep the price low. Add to that all the rain we’ve had and it’s not been a great time to bring the private buyers out.

My son’s been trying to sell a delightful petrol Golf which seems realistically priced right at the bottom of the a range for its age and spec. Two months in, he’s still not got a single soul to look at it, let alone buy the darn thing.

But Summer’s coming and it’ll be a great family car for holidays, touring and the University run.

Great car but it’s the mileage and running costs that conspire to keep the price low. Add to that all the rain we’ve had and it’s not been a great time to bring the private buyers out.

My son’s been trying to sell a delightful petrol Golf which seems realistically priced right at the bottom of the a range for its age and spec. Two months in, he’s still not got a single soul to look at it, let alone buy the darn thing.

But Summer’s coming and it’ll be a great family car for holidays, touring and the University run.
Yes, agreed but not sure you can make the price on cars like this much lower as there are worth more as parts at a certain point. I'd rather have an older higher spec car with low to zero depreciation and spend a bit on maintenance. Of course many will prefer a newer lower mileage car that will cost less to run but will have some cost in depreciation.

I think this will always sell and find a buyer just what the number is. Clearly a couple of people felt that £3500 was right for them and one at £4k so I'm there or thereabouts it seems.

Yes, agreed but not sure you can make the price on cars like this much lower as there are worth more as parts at a certain point. I'd rather have an older higher spec car with low to zero depreciation and spend a bit on maintenance. Of course many will prefer a newer lower mileage car that will cost less to run but will have some cost in depreciation.

I think this will always sell and find a buyer just what the number is. Clearly a couple of people felt that £3500 was right for them and one at £4k so I'm there or thereabouts it seems.
For sure, with half a dozen E500's under my belt, and quite a few other V8's, I've walked this path before and know they're a bargain, even compared to to smaller diesels in the same body shell.

I was just chewing the fat over what's going on this year, with Ukraine's impact on fuel, and even more greenwashed car taxation coming in the Autumn.

For sure, with half a dozen E500's under my belt, and quite a few other V8's, I've walked this path before and know they're a bargain, even compared to to smaller diesels in the same body shell.

I was just chewing the fat over what's going on this year, with Ukraine's impact on fuel, and even more greenwashed car taxation coming in the Autumn.
Yes, who knows how this crazy year ends. Strange old times and not a lot of confidence around.

Yes, who knows how this crazy year ends. Strange old times and not a lot of confidence around.
Being optimistic, the Ukraine invasion could end with energy flows reinstated, and the new political powers in Brussels and Washington pushing back greenwashed taxation.

But on the other hand ….

SOLD & COLLECTED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom