Tony Purslow - Don't Bother!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neelyrobert

Car
S320 CDi
After reading a couple of fairly complimentary comments about Tony Purslow of Guildford, I decided to hang the expense and take my newly bought S320 CDi to Tony Purslow for a service. What a mistake!

After the receptionist told me it would take about an hour and a half to do an 'A' Service, I decided to book my car in and wait for it. Well, I'm sitting here nearly 4 hours later still waiting to hear when my car is going to be ready. The whole day, and all my plans for the rest of the day, are shot to pieces. And to make matters worse, they haven't bothered to tell me anything about a delay or why I am waiting so much longer than told.

Pathetic. I'll NEVER come back here again.

Can anyone recommend a good service company, either in Surrey, or near Shrewsbury, or in the Bournemouth area? Please?

Robert

Last edited:
After reading a couple of fairly complimentary comments about Tony Purslow of Guildford, I decided to hang the expense and take my newly bought S320 CDi to Tony Purslow for a service. What a mistake!

After the receptionist told me it would take about an hour and a half to do an 'A' Service, I decided to book my car in and wait for it. Well, I'm sitting here nearly 4 hours later still waiting to hear when my car is going to be ready. The whole day, and all my plans for the rest of the day, are shot to pieces. And to make matters worse, they haven't bothered to tell me anything about a delay or why I am waiting so much longer than told.

Pathetic. I'll NEVER come back here again.

Can anyone recommend a good service company, either in Surrey, or near Shrewsbury, or in the Bournemouth area? Please?

Robert

I would suggest that the receptionist wasnt the best person to ask. The service advisors would be able to give you a better estimate and when you took the car in, if you explained that you had been told 1.5 hours and would be waiting, then i'm sure that Neil or Chris would have made sure your requirements were heeded.

I too recently went in for some servicing work. I was told 'come in at your leisure sometime today and we will see to it'. I turned up at lunchtime. Gave them the keys, sat down and was told it would be done straight away. 15 minutes later, I'm given my car back with all the work done.

Can't fault them.

I waited while my A service was done in my local dealer - they said about an hour, and I was sure to tell them not to wash the car etc.
Actually took about 2 1/2 hrs, which they explained was because the car needed some software upgrades and they take ages (I have heard that's true, but they ought to have known in advance).

What was frustrating was;
a) No wireless access (they seemed baffled by what that was)
b) I asked if I could work somewhere and was directed to a couch - yet some one else appeared just before I left who had obviously been put in an office.
c) No sense of urgency - my car was brought round by a mechanic and I had to hunt someone down to pay and get going.

Go to black and you can see it being done, a first class guy, its 125 miles for me, but worth every mile

Star Tech in Poole are very good 01202 694758

In my experience waiting for cars to be serviced never works out, and that isn't Mercedes cars it's all sorts of brands.

I (GENERALLY) don't like people waiting for servicing. It give me no "just in case" barrier.

If I know them its not really a problem.

If it is a new customer it makes me feel uneasy.

If I know them its not really a problem.

If it is a new customer it makes me feel uneasy.

Yes I get the same feeling with a new customer, and daft questions, oooooh we dont do that with it, ooooooh wont that hurt it, oooooooh dont get a shock, ooooooooooh my friends brothers mates uncle can do that in no time.

The best time of my life was doing trade service, no public

Yes I get the same feeling with a new customer, and daft questions, oooooh we dont do that with it, ooooooh wont that hurt it, oooooooh dont get a shock, ooooooooooh my friends brothers mates uncle can do that in no time.

The best time of my life was doing trade service, no public

I deal with the trade alot and they understand.

Go on, just slag off the public....in a public forum :D ;)

When I used to work as the in-house tech in London, I used to get a few customers watching. Some were just fascinated at the whole process of reassembling their box of parts into a complete rifle/pistol, but then you got those who used to try and "contribute"

Normally the phrase "Why did you bring it to me then? You clearly know what you're doing" made them clear off. Thankfully I do all my work from home now!

Of course any decent Dealer would have lent you a car to poodle around with for a couple of hours. Suits you and gets you out of their hair till it's done.;)

Hello,

Sorry not quite sure I understnad this?

You sat there for 4 hrs until told your car ready????? sorry but I would have waited the half hour you were expecting or even 45 mins. Then straight to a service manager asking for updates.

Better still arrange for a loaner, I don't think you can be annoyed at the garage for duff information from the what the receptionist told you?

Go on, just slag off the public....in a public forum :D ;)

I must admit I would *hate* a job where I had to deal with the general public - in fact I'm sure I couldn't do it. My job basically involves selling things to business's and I'm generally dealing with like minded, technically qualified people.

Cars are a nightmare - even simple things get me so angry. Why wouldn't Costco put new tyres on the front of Mrs Rory's Jazz? I know the reasoning, but the backs were very good and *I'm the customer*.

The rest of my family all have to deal with the public and they come home tearing their hair out and are frequently verbally, and now and again physically, assaulted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom