Top 13 Hottest Sports Cars of 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trev0006

Forbes Top 13 Hottest Sports Cars of 2008
13. Aston Martin DBS
12. Audi R8
11. Audi TT
10. Bentley Continental GT Speed
9. Chevrolet Corvette
8. Dodge Viper SRT10
7. Ferrari 430 Scuderia
6. Lamborghini Reventon
5. Lotus Elise/Exige
4. Maserati GranTurismo
3. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster
2. Nissan GT-R
1. Porsche 911 GT2

Most of those I wouldnt label as "sports cars". In my opinion the vast proportion are what I would label as either GT or Posemobiles.
A sports car is a nimble, fast car carrying little or no unnecessary fat. Usually a simple design for two people with no concession for anything other than getting from A to B as quickly as possible.
My ideal "sports car" list would certainly include the likes of the original Lotus Elan, Porcshe 911, 246 Dino, Ginetta G15, MR2 and the Healey 3000.

Last edited:
they have got that Audi R8 way off - as we go into 2008 it is currently the hottest one on the list and there is a list of people waiting with open cheque books.

I think the Lamborghini Revention will be polished more than driven, never mind in a sporting manner. Cant really see the Corvette or Viper being particularly sporty on a road with bends on it and the Bentley must weigh in at around 2 tons!! My perception of Aston Martin and Maserati is also more "refined cruiser" rather than Sporting. I would certainly agree with (1) and (5) tho, and would love a day with (7)

Vanessa's Wheels

Vanessa Mae ( sort of Kylie clone wot plays the fiddle with very few clothes on --- you get the idea :cool: ) was on the box last night driving her AUDI R8-----SLOWLY . She had worked out she had to sell 75,000 CD's to buy it!! Bet she didn't go on any waiting list tho. Ah ---Miz Mae---your thinking of buying an AUDI R8 are you ----How many would you like??? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom