Trade In Price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My first Mercedes was a C270 facelift, loved it, bought from Merc dealers. Took it back to trade a couple of years later he offered me peanuts. I'd had a few BMW's so took it to local dealership, they offered me more than Mercedes so bought a 335d. Two weeks later driving my "new" 335 bm, the Merc salesman rang to ask if I was still interested in the Merc, when I said I'd got a much better deal and bought a bm he was really pissed off. Tough sh1t on him. :thumb:

You're getting a good discount, so there's a lot less profit in the E-Pace sale than usual. The trade-in offer seems reasonable, judging by others' research; you would probably get a better part-exchange offer if you were getting less of a discount. It's all down to the cost to change; if you can run to that, go for it.

I always think you're best asking "how much to change?" . It simplifies things you then know how much its going to cost you, its all smoke and mirrors with the figures with salesmen.
For example They'll give £4k discount and £16k part exchange or £20k part exchange and no discount.

Is it worth trying Tootle nearer the time. You should hopefully get several dealers making an offer which will be a better reflection of the trade price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom