Trans sum leak

• Thread starter Deleted member 138290
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agreed, as I said I'd have stripped the valve body and tested the solenoids.
Fairly simple if you take the time, just a bit labour intense.

Really seems you now need some help on this though.

You need to check the resistance of the solenoid and the wiring to it. From the control unit to the plug, then the plug to the plate, then the plate to the solenoid.

Solenoid faults are uncommon on the whole. My advice is to start from the basics first. There is a solenoid test on Xentry (Star) too that will help. Interrogation of the fault codes will help too. A Star may pull more codes than you can with your reader.

Brand new solenoids so they don’t want to be faulty lol.... been on the net for couples hours on and off and I need to check the pilot bush hasn’t leaked a little and isn’t causing chaos... I’ve got all the systems of a goosed valve body... garage shifting, slipping gears before I loose the gears and then stuck in limp mode... before I replaced the solenoids/ c plate, filter and sump gasket I just had the TC shudder but because I was advised of the valeo rad contamination which can lead to gr box failure I paniced and so decided to supposedly fix the issue ! But new rad and all the above and now the transmission is even worse... I get fustrated but I won’t give up tho, never have, never will !

You had glycol contamination?

If you did then I suspect the whole box will need to be stripped and inspected. They don't often survive well after water has been in there.

Also a TC re-build too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom