• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Trouble filling tank

GavinP

Car
E400d 4MATIC
2018 E400d Estate behaving fine until 3 months ago.
Since then whenever I try to fill up (BP usually) pull trigger and the pump starts but almost immediately cuts out.
Have tried different pumps, at different fuel stations but it clicks off so often that it usually causes the pump to require re-authorisation!

Does a car's fuel tank have a "vent" tube that allows air to escape ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

G

I have this on faster pumps, which varies depending on how many other people are using pumps (which seems to reduce fuel flow from the pump), but it is always an issue at Costco regardless of number of other users, who obviously have high pumping speed. For my E350, I've found if I turn the bottom of the pump nozzle in the filler hole so the base of the pump filler is at 11 o'clock (so a normal fill would be with the bottom pointing down at 6 o'clock), this always does the trick for me.

Might be worth a try. Maybe I have the same issue?

Hi I'm a new member who owns a C207 convertible. This is my third convertible I've and they.are such a lovely car to drive.

Hi I'm a new member who owns a C207 convertible. This is my third convertible I've and they.are such a lovely car to drive.
Best to start a new thread rather than post in someone else's thread dealing with another subject 👍

(According to your details you joined in October 2012, so not that new!)1000038198.jpg

Last edited:
I have encountered this issue with my 2019 CLS350. I'm unable to use my nearest Shell filling station as I can't get beyond about half full. But another Shell FS in the town I encounter no problems!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom