TV Turns itself on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Switches itself on properly - onto the last channel being watched (not a blank screen). No timers are set, auto updating when in standby is off, will change the batteries in the remote later and see it that helps. No animals (even parrots or ferrets ;) ) have been near the remote when it switched on.

If the batteries don't fix it, I'll leave it down to a haunting. Being as it's daytime TV that's being shown when it gets switched on, it's definitely scary.

Our Samsung does the same, used to turn off and straight back on at exactly midnight, now it turns off and back on at 11.30pm, but only if we are viewing thru the set top box, if watching the tv tuner it doesn't turn off :dk: It fools the cats into thinking its bedtime for me and supper time for them.
I drive a company Astra and that locks and unlocks itself at will while parked on the drive, and the Peugeot I had before that did the same :dk:. Unconnected I think but weird.

I feel a whole new thread on haunted devices. I had a DVD player that would open the disc tray always at night. Scared the hell out my daughter.

Oh. I would not turn my back on Derek Acorah.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Please ignore the seemingly magical switching on of appliances, we are busy taking over the world.

Posted by Raynys' television..................

My wife always tells me that the washing machine works all by itself, the ironing too.

Itself - very impersonal :dk:

TV's have feelings too you know.

That one Sean Bean played the other night seemed able to turn himself on very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom