• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Two E36 AMGs at same garage

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/
Okay so one is a W210 but even that looks cheap.
Have we seen the W124 before? Wheels need a refurb and no interior shots but looks quite nice.

Attachments

• e36.jpg
    e36.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 360
Coupe looks good but a series 2 AMG kit will finish it off quite nicely.

The W124 was originally advertised at £8,995 although been dropped quite alot now, apparently due to clearance by the dealer.

I just called for the W124 and got told that it doesn't have any "BIG dents or scratches" but has some scratches and surface rust. Also notice the damaged Mercedes star on the boot lid. Its also done 140k miles with "alot of paperwork". I'm not sure whether its worth it, end of the day its still a w124 coupe but its also an E36 AMG.

If anyone was seriously interested, I would inspect the vehicle mechanically and make sure shes running OK (possibly by RAC) - might be a bargain at £4,500 if the dealer will let it go for that much (didn't sound like they will budge on the phone). The W124 is an old car now, so stuff is starting to go wrong with them - although they are really built to last if they are maintained correctly.

I'd be amazed if anyone let a W124 E36 AMG Coupe go for £4500!

Will

The ad does say FULL SERVICE HISTORY , so if there isn't , surely that would be good bargaining point ...

The car is not far from where nav lives, i had planned to go and see it on tuesday, but got there a little late. But at 150k, its not going to be anything close to mint.

The other school of thought is to take the badges off, leave it looking bashed up and go and terrorise the saxo owners of the world .... ;)

The other school of thought is to take the badges off, leave it looking bashed up and go and terrorise the saxo owners of the world .... ;)

Compared to todays cars the E36 is not exactly rapid.

It has 270ish bhp right ? about the same as my dads 430CLK ....

Unless you encounter something a bit 'sporty' , not a lot keeps up with me when i drive it ....

Certainly no hot hatches , 'Type R' included once it gets into its stride ....

Yes, apparently the E36 isn't anything special above the E320. For real power, you need the E500 or the C43 AMG!

Yes, apparently the E36 isn't anything special above the E320.

within a few months of buying my car i went to test drive a e36, and found no noticable difference in power, I think you'll only notice it at the top end.

Yes, apparently the E36 isn't anything special above the E320. For real power, you need the E500 or the C43 AMG!

The problem is that these days, even with a 500e and C43, you'll still struggle to pull away from cars such as 530i, E320 CDIs, 535d etc.

Stock car's are more powerful now than they used to be. The E500 W211 is now a 5.3 second car, something thats quicker than the E55 W210. The new E320 CDI W211 is a mid 6s car, and on a motorway it will give any M119 V8 serious stick.

The E36 is slightly quicker than a E320, more poke at the upper rev band. I wouldn't describe the car as quick though, i wouldn't descibe my SEC as quick either though! I would say they are quick enough for road use, bearing in mind the speed limits :D

If anyone's interested, I was working in Hayes and passed this place - so I popped in to have a glance over this car.

Not a pretty sight - rusty, tatty and tired - they've got it up for £6995 in the window sticker.

It's a shame as they are rare - this one hasn't been looked after as you might hope. :(

Will

If anyone's interested, I was working in Hayes and passed this place - so I popped in to have a glance over this car.

Not a pretty sight - rusty, tatty and tired - they've got it up for £6995 in the window sticker.

It's a shame as they are rare - this one hasn't been looked after as you might hope. :(

Will
Probably worth £4500 :D

Bill.

Hmm - not sure, it's tatty for sure but it depends on how much people will pay for it due to it's rarity I guess?

From memory - wheels in dire need of a refurb (very ugly!). Two new tyres on the front, very cheap make ( 'stunner' )

Both front wings rusty and at least one rear wing rusty (it was parked in a very tight spot. Rust on driver's door, bonnet etc. Generally tatty paintwork, grille was dented etc. Enough said there I think?

Aerial was broken, air con not blowing cold (assume at least a new condensor, receiver/drier and regass) £££

Rev counter not working, key broken (very worn and loose, blade limply hanging from the plastic - looked sad before you even open the car!). Original MBSS not working - aftermarked CL/Alarm apparantly fitted.

Driver's seat and armrest worn and whole interior quite grubby - it wouldn't clean up nicely either. Quite a basic spec for a top model E36 - no heated seats, manual passenger seat etc.

Only a 4-spd auto - not sure if the later ones got the 5-spd box?!

Is this likely the worst out of the 24 ever sold then?

Will

w124 AMG's didnt come in 5 spd auto, same goes for the 500e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom