Two Tonne Bully

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really hope you secured those wheels on the back seat.... a high speed frontal accident will see those removing yours and other passengers heads....

Do you think those lovely motor mounts will be better at isolating NHV from the engine or is it just that they will last longer than the oem (obviously you have the exhaust clearance benefit also)
Where did they come from?

NHV will be slightly worse, as they're stiffer. Reports are this is only noticeable at idle. They will last dramatically longer. I replaced with OEM mounts in the summer, and they've already started to go. On a stock car, with normal tyres they're ok for a while. But with more power, and hard launches with sticky tyres, they wear out fast.

When I get the 82mm throttle body on, I plan to raise the idle RPM up a couple of hundred as many have a slightly rough idle with the 82mm TB. The slightly raised idle will help with the stiffer mounts too.

Annoyingly, they've already come out with a V2 that is about 10mm shorter which allows for better exhaust clearance with long tube headers. Mine are the first batch so stock height. I've been in touch with them, and if mine still have exhaust clearance issues, we'll work something out with getting the revised V2. Hopefully should be ok, as my main problem was vibration under load, so with stiffer mounts should not flex as much.

They're made in America by East Coast Euro, the shop associated with the E55K swapped into a CLK that went 9s in the 1/4 mile.

I really hope you secured those wheels on the back seat.... a high speed frontal accident will see those removing yours and other passengers heads....

I'm only semi attached to my head anyway.

I didn't drive around like that.

Your mod list is getting bigger than mine! Anything goes.

I’ll happily line up next to you but I’m fully aware I’m out gunned.

I think there is a certain black series that may be better compentition for you.

Little update.

New mods:
68mm clutched supercharger pulley
82mm throttle body
550cc injectors
Billet polyurethane motor mounts
16" Mickey Thompson ET Streets drag tyres
Water:Methanol injection installed, but not working

Ran a 11.35s at 122mph, which is a new personal best by about 0.10s.
60ft time was 1.61s I think...

I'm happy as the Density Altitude was nearly 300m(950ft). Last time I ran at that DA my time was about 11.8s! So good improvement. When I ran my 11.44s DA was negative 85m.

Was a relatively warm day that day, starting IATs were over 40C and finishing at 70C end of the track. Very hot. Hopefully meth will help with that when it's working.

With cooler temps end of the year, and another negative DA, should hopefully be good for a 10.9s :)

IMG_7731.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg

The meth will definitely help in both power and cooling as you already know. Which kit have you installed?

Jules

I bet it's a beast in day to day use but if you're aiming for best 1/4 mile times, you really need to strip that car of all it's excess weight. Strip all the seats out, all the unnecessary plastic enclosures, etc when you take it on the strip. I'd also use a bucket seat. Then bolt all the stuff back on when you're finished!

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a bit antagonistic but I'd really like to see your motor put down a better time!

There are little starlets with 1.3 engines running 1/4 miles under 12 seconds all day! We can't be shown up by them now can we... :)

Fast Toyota Starlets 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

I bet it's a beast in day to day use but if you're aiming for best 1/4 mile times, you really need to strip that car of all it's excess weight. Strip all the seats out, all the unnecessary plastic enclosures, etc when you take it on the strip. I'd also use a bucket seat. Then bolt all the stuff back on when you're finished!

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a bit antagonistic but I'd really like to see your motor put down a better time!

There are little starlets with 1.3 engines running 1/4 miles under 12 seconds all day! We can't be shown up by them now can we... :)

Fast Toyota Starlets 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com
Yeah I'm with you. The front seats are fairly heavy. I think biggest difference would be single front bucket seat, light weight battery and less than 1/8th tank of fuel. Ideally I'd like a 10 sec run with a full weight car though.

Yeah I'm with you. The front seats are fairly heavy. I think biggest difference would be single front bucket seat, light weight battery and less than 1/8th tank of fuel. Ideally I'd like a 10 sec run with a full weight car though.

May also be worth looking at upgrading the forced induction in that case.

Weistec M113K Supercharger System, E55 - M113K Supercharger System - 2003-2006 (W211 / M113K) - E 55 - E - Mercedes-Benz - Products

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also read of few turbo conversions which look interesting...nevertheless, I think you can get 1000bhp out of that motor.

May also be worth looking at upgrading the forced induction in that case.

Weistec M113K Supercharger System, E55 - M113K Supercharger System - 2003-2006 (W211 / M113K) - E 55 - E - Mercedes-Benz - Products

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also read of few turbo conversions which look interesting...nevertheless, I think you can get 1000bhp out of that motor.

I'm not looking at spending another £10k on a Weistec. People have gotten these cars in the 10s with stock blower. And I don't think anyone has gotten 1000hp out of these motors, and definitely not on original internals. I think Alex is going to be the closest to 1000hp and his is a bored out built forged internals motor with a custom Weistec blower on it. I'm not going that far with this.

New PB

11.17s at 125mph
1.64s 60ft
14C Ambient temps
Starting IAT 20C,
Finishing IAT 60C (TOOOO HOT)
-20m (-65ft) density altitude

A little off subject, but could I ask to weather your throwing any codes with the new 82mm TB..? Given the hit and miss experiences of many that do this mod, one seems to work with no problem, another is throwing the codes, interested to hear if your trouble free to how/who did the mapping for you.

New PB

11.17s at 125mph
1.64s 60ft
14C Ambient temps
Starting IAT 20C,
Finishing IAT 60C (TOOOO HOT)
-20m (-65ft) density altitude

Congrats S. Getting close!

A little off subject, but could I ask to weather your throwing any codes with the new 82mm TB..? Given the hit and miss experiences of many that do this mod, one seems to work with no problem, another is throwing the codes, interested to hear if your trouble free to how/who did the mapping for you.
No codes whatsoever. There is a very slight irregularity noticed in 2nd gear about 1800rpms... a bit like a flat spot in the power, only noticed at low throttle input. And not all the time. I'm not sure if this is the "hiccup" people refer to, but it's very minor.

At the moment, it has a canned tune from DTK. It will have a custom tune this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom