• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Tyres.net, tyres-guru, Delticom warning

Mark9999

Car
SL400
Ordered 2 front tyres for the SL via tyres.net. The order was eventually passed to tyres-guru which is part of delticom. Having previously had good service from delticom I was very disappointed with the service. Initially there was a delay of 3 days then about 10 days later I get a DPD notification that the tyres have been delivered - there was no sign of them.
I phoned them to find out that there was a problem at customs and they would be delivered by the end of the month. When they didn’t arrive again I phoned and cancelled the order, with a promise of next day refund.
The refund didn’t appear and I phoned several times during the week to chase up. Apparently they were waiting for the tyres to return to the warehouse. At this point I asked PayPal to intervene and the case was resolved in my favour.

Check out Asda Tyres when you the time comes. Very competitive pricing and fitting arranged locally. The price you see is what you pay.

I used to buy my tyres from My Tyres and Tyre Leader. Not any more. Coming from abroad (usually Germany) there was often a delay and the tyres were never brand new, always a year or more old. And as you are finding out, problems can occur if something goes wrong.

I use national tyres usually, now part of the Halfords franchise. They do a helpful interest free payment option . My 4 tyres average around £700 + , so it's useful that way. I've used tyre leader once before and tyre guru. 2 tyres came from France and 2 from Germany, then there's fitting , £15 a wheel , so the chew on doesn't outway the savings anymore tbh.

I recently had two tyres fitted by National Tyres. The previous tyres were fitted by Tyres on The drive who are now part of the Halfords chain.

Apparently they were waiting for the tyres to return to the warehouse.
Just like Tyre Leader then, they take your money and then send the wrong tyres but wont refund you until they have them back. Meanwhile you have paid for tyres you don't have and they tell you to order and pay for another set if you still want them meaning you have now paid for them twice and still have no tyres!
You're lucky you could phone them though, Tyre Leader have no phone number, only an email ticket system that can take a week to get any reply.

I second Asda tyres, I've used them as has two of my family - 10/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom