upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vabenzi

Car
w204 pre face lift
Hi I'm new to this so please bear with, I have recently bought a 2008 w204 saloon petrol pre face lift

I am looking to upgrade the front end grille to something of an amg look.. Any ideas where I can pick up one of these

Secondly looking to upgrade the rear tail lights to the LED kind like on the face lift model. Just wanted to know whether it would be a simple matter of plug and play or whether I would have to install some sort of kit in order upgrade these lights/run the lights - if so any recommendations and potential costings

Thanks in advance any information on the above would be appreciated

The front grille can be bought anywhere, Cksperformance is one that comes up in mind but they're expensive. There are thousands on Alibaba that will fit, even pre FL c63 grilles should fit. I will be after a new one for mine although I'd like the black mesh and silver star one, haven't come to the point of looking for one yet as I'm upgrading my front end first (lights, bonnet, bumper, DRL's) so just be sure it's a pre FL one you get, not one from 2011 upwards-- edit - could someone confirm that actually? The front FL bumper sits slightly higher at the top so not sure if the FL grilles are different shape?

With the back lights IIRC and I'm sure I may be wrong, there are some very knowledgable people on this site that could steer you better... But I've think that the pre FL rear SAMs up to 2009 will not need replacing to run the newer Led rear lights and it's just a matter of coding/resistors, in a 2010 one it has a different rear sam (mines a 2010 :doh: )

A guy on MB world with a pre FL worked out how to get rid of the error code on his 09' car with OEM FL rear lights with a bit of small DIY wiring without needing a harness but I didn't save that link unfortunately, I do believe it was going to be made a sticky though

Of course you could buy aftermarket FL rear lights but I've seen a lot of people having problems with the fog lights being on all the time on one side... I haven't looked much into the rear end yet only the front end so some of my info may be incorrect!

I was told the other day OEM rears would work straight away without any wire swaps only needing a recode on Star... Which of these is true for what year pre FL I'm not clued up on though

Google or eBay will show you plenty of FL rear lights, both OEM and aftermarket

Good luck, ill subscribe as I'll be doing this soon
:) :thumb:

Thanks for your insight, I'm going to be a bit more research and talk to some indys that might be able to confirm stuff

Unfortunately it's going to have to be put on the back burner now. Got a problem with my camber arms and wheel bearings so those need replacing as a pair so I've got to get that sorted now before any cosmetics... Sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom