Using a leaf blower to dry your car .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have one of these that I've only used to blast all residue water out of nooks and crannies rather than finding streaks left behind later. I've never considered using it to blow all the water off before, perhaps I'll try it.

View attachment 112570
How loud is it?

By the time I have driven home from the carwash it's mostly dry, a quick wipe over with some spray wax and a cloth and it looks great.

I use a ryobi leaf blower from their 1+ system, i bought a silicone reducer to further increase the pressure that comes out of it, i just go around the car in a few minutes and then finish off with a microfibre cloth, dont even have to wring out the microfibre once to go round the whole car, so def works well

I always use a microfiber cloth, don't need anything else

I use Meguirs last touch detail spray on the wet car, spread with microfibre cloth then dry with microfibre towel. Takes about 5 mins.

If your car has some form of coating where the water is hydrophobic a air blower is awesome.

I generally go around nooks and crannies as soon as im done to remove loose water, especially around the wheels and wing mirrors grills lights etc.

I use a pet Dryer with heat and blow function, it's a carbon copy of the Carbon Collective one albeit without wheels.

You can pick up a pet blower for under £60 usually.

Have found an air compressor to do the trick, great for around the wing mirrors and around window seals. Helps to prevent annoying runs after going over with a microfibre.

Anyone else use blowers, have seen YT videos, seems good for the nook and cranny’s, and wheels, but for me good quality microfibre towels is just so quick and easy, I just pay dry and job done.

Anyone else use blowers, have seen YT videos, seems good for the nook and cranny’s, and wheels, but for me good quality microfibre towels is just so quick and easy, I just pay dry and job done.
I wonder if dry would do mine if I pay him ?

I use my dewalt cordless blower to blow my car dry, works well if you have good protection on the car.

By the way - if you are lazy like me you can also just use a water filter :

I essentially pressure washer the car, clean it and last clean / rinse is with filtered water ... no water spots at all - can air / drive dry the car.
I use one of them too, no need for hard work just let the car dry by itself and the paintwork is spotless.

I should have added, with a water filter, the wife can clean the outside windows of the house and conservatory without leaving any water spot marks too.

I use Meguirs last touch detail spray on the wet car, spread with microfibre cloth then dry with microfibre towel. Takes about 5 mins.
I do just the same, Last Touch, or sometimes AG Aqua wax.

I have used my Flymo leaf blower on the JZR’s Honda bike engine which is exposed up front, and has lots of nooks and crannies. Not sure I’d use it on my ‘main’ car though, for a start it’s too heavy to hold high enough for the roof.

If your car has some form of coating where the water is hydrophobic a air blower is awesome.

I generally go around nooks and crannies as soon as im done to remove loose water, especially around the wheels and wing mirrors grills lights etc.

I use a pet Dryer with heat and blow function, it's a carbon copy of the Carbon Collective one albeit without wheels.

You can pick up a pet blower for under £60 usually.

Yup we have a 1600W Aeolus 'blaster' for the dogs, which I use on my SL. As you say it saves water trickling out of the places you can't easily get a microfibre towel into.

Well, I think you can overthink these things.

I have several motorcycles and have tried a Bosch garden blower (not great), a Makita LXT garden blower (good) and an eBay "Pet Dryer" with heat (very good).

But in the end, with the bikes and the cars, I find it easier just to wash them, rinse off and go for a bit of high speed ride/drive.

If the weather is a bit shit, then the pet dryer is the weapon of choice as it uses heated, filtered air. But 9/10 times, a ten minute ride/drive does just as well and is more fun.

I have got two a battery powered one and a mains powered. If I am down the local jet wash, I take my battery powered one with me, if I am pressure washing at home, I use the mains one as it is much more powerful like the above say be careful not to have anything get into the suction side as it could make for an unhappy day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom