• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

V220 vs V230

Richard1973

Car
S210 320cdi Avantgarde
Evening all, due to a possible up coming change in family size I am considering changing the W210 for a larger capacity vehicle. Yes, I know the V class rot nearly as badly as the 210, but which to go for? 230 petrol and possibly gas convert, or stick with diesel with a 220?

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

I think W638s rust even worse than 210s do. They have a bad reputation for electrical issues too. I guess you know they are FWD, and the auto gearbox (if fitted) is a ZF one (not MB).

I suspect the only place to put an LPG tank would be underneath in place of the spare wheel, so if mpg is an issue then a 220 might be a better bet.

Got to look for a 7 seater and if I have to have one I'd rather have the practicality of a van sized one rather than a car with 2 extra seats and no luggage capacity.

Have looked at the R class. Any opinions other than it's ugly!?

R Class is OK but bear in mind it's an ML underneath (i.e. 4x4), so fuel consumption suffers a bit. The earlier ones are also only 6 seaters (even the LWB).

Can you stretch to a W639 Viano?

R Class is OK but bear in mind it's an ML underneath (i.e. 4x4), so fuel consumption suffers a bit. The earlier ones are also only 6 seaters (even the LWB).

Can you stretch to a W639 Viano?
Possibly. That's the other possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom