Viano 2012, EML came on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Number1

Car
Viano
EML came on used icarsoft pro to find issues no faults on scan did manual scan same, no faults. So how do I clear the EML. Tried the ignition on / off 3 times. That did not work...so any ideas.

EML came on used icarsoft pro to find issues no faults on scan did manual scan same, no faults. So how do I clear the EML. Tried the ignition on / off 3 times. That did not work.. .so any ideas.
i've seen worse.

C230AMG

and... a civic with a M badge and a AMG badge...both

Also a ford focus with a triton v8 badge

I have a similar problem and it will eventually clear on its own.

I have a similar problem and it will eventually clear on its own.
It happens when I purchased the car, I took back to the garage they put if on star, and nothing, no issues. They cleared the eml, a month later it's back I assume same thing

It happens when I purchased the car, I took back to the garage they put if on star, and nothing, no issues. They cleared the eml, a month later it's back I assume same thing gb whatsapp
Then May be you have get back your car to that garage where you have gone before and ask them to look and identifying the car issue.

Then May be you have get back your car to that garage where you have gone before and ask them to look and identifying the car issue.
The light went out on way to garage , I stopped on the way there , and noticed exhaust smoke drivers side wheel arch..they had a look and it, looks like a crack in the exhaust manifold, which could explain the eml......so all going well this is the problem and get it sorted out.

Well I worried about it and still do when it happens but as no cause could be found and it cleared in a day or two there wasn't much else I could do. I put it down to age.

Well I worried about it and still do when it happens but as no cause could be found and it cleared in a day or two there wasn't much else I could do. I put it down to age.
When it was plugged in, there was no faults both times it has happen. The garage has had it out test driven it, so all going well get it back tomorrow and find out what they have replaced etc....

Maybe only for elimination,
if your garage has Star it can interrogate the mileage of DPF regens. If these coincide with the system resetting itself it 'may' have been seeing soot.
Otherwise I would suspect an intermittent connection issue to a sensor. If the fault record hasn't been reset you might see historic faults that could be relevant.

Maybe only for elimination,
if your garage has Star it can interrogate the mileage of DPF regens. If these coincide with the system resetting itself it 'may' have been seeing soot.
Otherwise I would suspect an intermittent connection issue to a sensor. If the fault record hasn't been reset you might see historic faults that could be relevant.
Hi , yes they do have star, all the dpf etc are good, as it turns out the exhaust connection on to the manifold was lose and not sealing, they think it could be the senser that is detect not sufficient gasses that is triggering the eml, but for some reason it's not bringing up a fault?.....fingers crossed it is that, just need to see how it goes....pick the car up tomorrow.
Thank-you everyone for your thoughts

The EML (Engine Management Light) coming on in your Viano 2012 indicates a potential issue with the engine. It's advisable to have your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic to identify and address the underlying problem, ensuring optimal performance and preventing further damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom