• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

vito traveliner 108 needs pimping out

macchip

Hi im a new member just wanting ideas for my vito its a 638 in white on a 51 plate couple of scabs here and there but has a nasty weld on n/s sill any one know if i can get a sill new? Just bought hid kit and already fitted audi led's to headlights just want a couple of ideas of colour and mods any sites would be welcomed cheers

What sort of mods were you thinking? Are you converting it into a camper?

Welcome to the forum by the way...

No keeping it as bus for the family just needing good trick parts to detail and then when i get it resprayed it will look the part but im on a budget so cant just go ott straight out but i love my bus and just want it looking right

Just bought hid kit

Hi & welcome :)

You know a HID kit is very likely to be an MOT fail now (new regs came in Jan 1st)? Basically the only thing you can legally fit is complete OEM Xenon lamp units, with wash and auto-levelling ... and AFAIK those never existed for the 638.

The other thing to watch is insurance - 'commercial' cover often isn't very flexible ... they typically don't like any modifications whatsoever from factory stock. I was told that changing my wheels (it didn't matter what the replacements were) would void the policy ...

Its alright fella im an MOT TESTER and as long as i get the pattern allright they will be fine Mot changes havnt come in as yet advise only for now until april but i havnt read about fitting non stock lights as being a failure as long as paterrn is within prescribed area cant see the lights being an issue but i will check

Oh and i also took out a traders policy with aviva it insures me on any vehicle and as long as i inform them of changes to my vito they were not bothered

Its alright fella im an MOT TESTER and as long as i get the pattern allright they will be fine Mot changes havnt come in as yet advise only for now until april but i havnt read about fitting non stock lights as being a failure as long as paterrn is within prescribed area cant see the lights being an issue but i will check

Have a read of this: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/technicalpenpicture3-lighting.pdf

The Department for Transport considers that after-market systems should be required to meet the same safety standards as that applied in respect of these lamps at vehicle Type Approval. Therefore, in order to pass the MOT test, vehicles fitted with after-market HID systems would also need to be fitted with headlamp cleaning and self-levelling systems.

Yes the new rules are advisory till April, but that's not far away now ...

Chrome steps and A bar look good on vitos (also will cover up the welding on sill.)

Having read the article i see i would require washer jets to clean the glass but would manual adjusters suffice

Not unless youve got a v class with rear air suspension,prob best to take them off for the test,you wouldnt want vosa turning up if youve just tested it.

True just trying to get hold off a cheap set bidding on steps on ebay as we speak and being outbid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom