• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W123 230e water pump pulley - I want to save this car.

Kahless1984

Car
1982 230E
Greetings from America. It's a little hard to find info on this over here... So I posted here also!

Trying to figure out how to repair this.
I have a damaged water pump pulley and the part is $350+. Which is more than I paid for the car. Is there another pulley that could work here? Could I install an electric fan in place of the original one?
And the way it's designed I don't know how I could get a tool in there to reattach it. Does something need to be pressed out? Are these two separate pieces?
PSX_20221203_104004.jpgPSX_20221203_104029.jpgPSX_20221203_104113.jpg

An electric fan won't solve the problem, you'd still need the pulley to drive the water pump. Try sourcing a used one from Germany/Europe, even with shipping it should be a lot less than you've been quoted.

FROM
that PULLEY is scrap--your mechanic probably quoted you for a replacement pump.
To remove corroded pulleys you need a good puller, judicious application of heat and and a bit of physical shock to break the bond between pulley and shaft--- a bit of experience helps here.

Last edited:
Check if a 190E 2.3, uses the same water pump and pulley. They should be available.

Check if a 190E 2.3, uses the same water pump and pulley. They should be available.
POLY V BELT PULLEY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom