W124 E500 - but is it one of the rare 6.0s??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Genuine e60's had option code - 957 - AMG Technology Package that says that it's an e60. There's no option code for AMG body kit. I'm pretty sure AMG didn't offer AMG bodykits on e60, except maybe in Japan
There are 4 for sale at mobile.de at the moment - all of them with normal E500 bumpers so who do you think is right?
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=4dcfcf0a-f4d8-9fa1-b6c1-22c3f28df29a
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=4dcfcf0a-f4d8-9fa1-b6c1-22c3f28df29a
yKDpcM.png

Last edited:
Well that is pretty conclusive and as good as a data card as far as I am concerned. Looks like may be Japan did the Genuine AMG body kit thing and Europe didn't...?

Isn't their HWA part codes on cylinder heads etc. if modified by AMG?

I know my old SL60 did as it was one of the checks I made to see if it was a genuine SL60 when I bought it. I just put a telescopic mirror or get a camera round the back that showed HWA prefix stamped on cylinder heads.

I also checked with MB UK CAC but found my SL60 was AMG'd at AMG Japan originally not Affalterbach. Took a long while of digging, email's and calls.

Go find me the option delete on the Data Card of an E60 or an E60 Data Card without the AMG body package and I might be inclined to believe but until then I am calling BS. :):)

Why are you being so stubborn man :wallbash::wallbash::D:D
You can believe whatever you want but I'm telling you that E60s never had a bodykit as an option
In regards of the rear bumper inserts on them,mercedes never bothered to change so all 500E/E500 have the same bumpers throughout just like the estates
The amg bumper on the ones you see (remember Japan only) are E36 bumpers

It would be cultrally insensitive of me not to be stubborn, bit like asking an Italian to be brutally honest or a German to guess.

We are both right dash, E60's in Japan had AMG body kits. From what we see from the marketing campain Germany didn't encourage the option and stayed with standard 5 litre dress as part of their sleeper campain...

Looks like Japan got the latest dress...wonder if that is still true today?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
It is more likely some Japaneser has done an "upgrade project' and brought his nice 500 up to 60 spec asthetically, very common thing to do in Japan then discuss all day long if the owner got it perfect - in their eyes.

I tend to agree. That and the fact it is Motorhub tends to indicate a standard 500 car. Of course the only way to be sure is to get up close and personal with it.

I’d not waste my time on it.

Motorhub have an awful reputation as everyone has already mentioned so wouldn't even consider it - plus it's overpriced.
The car is just a standard 500 which has had some modifications although they all look easily reversible.

E60's NEVER came with an AMG kit from new nor was it an option. E60's or even E500's with an AMG kit have been fitted at a later date or possibly fitted by AMG Japan by owners request. They never line up properly as the AMG bumpers weren't designed for the wider body.

I know as I have two E60's and a UK delivered E500. The AMG kits/bumpers were an option on E36 AMG's and any other W124 if you wanted to pay for it and would be stated on the data card if it was specified from new!

E60's NEVER came with an AMG kit from new nor was it an option - in Europe.

^Fixed that for you matey, in so far as them not fitting HOW DO YOU KNOW SINCE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE?

Japan had em Europe didn't and they fit, sorry but they fit, nicely too, really nicely, not like the 36 series ones. This is all a sign of MB saving money in Europe [210 disease had already started] but Japan was not having a bar of it and so it is today, you may have noticed.

One of yours...? It has been messed with...?

Index of /images/cars/shopping/124.036/1995_E500_Limited_6.0L_UK/Original high-resolution

Why have MBUK got that there - goodness me!

I must admit the bumper fit is shocking here... clearly you are telling the truth.

Last edited:
E60's NEVER came with an AMG kit from new nor was it an option - in Europe.

^Fixed that for you matey, in so far as them not fitting HOW DO YOU KNOW SINCE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE?

Japan had em Europe didn't and they fit, sorry but they fit, nicely too, really nicely, not like the 36 series ones. This is all a sign of MB saving money in Europe [210 disease had already started] but Japan was not having a bar of it and so it is today, you may have noticed.

Yes correct definitely not in Europe. May have been an option in Japan but this would have been an AMG Japan dealer fit and never came from the factory - that is the point I was making. In regards to fitment I've seen a few and of the few I've seen it looks as if they have been modified slightly to fit the wider body so sometimes aren't flush or spot on.

Agree with Japan cars, I have imported maybe 10-15 cars from Japan mostly MB but some Porsche's also. The models, specs, conditions of their cars exceed the UK's.

Also a final point, most E60's never left the factory as 6.0L's as you'll know. Most were converted so all are slightly different with different AMG options/accessories such as interior trim, alloys etc. I have an E60 with the 957 code which left the factory in Germany as an E60 and also another which was converted by AMG Japan with far more options! AMG Japan would do anything if you were willing to pay.

2:38 for your stickers, all AMGs will have these correcting spec stickers on that front panel and more often than not adjacent to or in this case over the top of the standard engine spec sticker.

The green sticker is AC related.

These cars were pre-merger AMG? If that is the case [since the C36 was the first joint effort] that would make these the last premerger effort. Premerger AMG you could have just about anything you wanted so long as it was legal. Germany obviously had a marketing campain for the European E 60 to be a sleeper - with wheels. Japan didn't as much, they used the 1994 AMG style kit on [some of or maybe all?] of theirs. What the starting chassis looked like was anybodies guess. The 6 litre wagon in the US started off life as a diesel from memory, for example.

All this chat on here is really to help those coming after to ID what they were exactly - and the answer very much depends on what was ordered by the customer and where it was ordered.

... how does Motorhub get away with being so shoddy?

ISTR how somebody stated that they insist on a hefty deposit before you can even go and see a car, let alone take a test drive, but won't easily or quickly return it if you don't want the car. Besides, some of their cars must be OK.

Last edited:
If Motorhub is such a bad carshop, how come they have 11 pussitive ratings from their buyers? :confused:

If Motorhub is such a bad carshop, how come they have 11 pussitive ratings from their buyers? :confused:

They also have this brabus rocket for sale. Has been listed for sale for as long as I’ve had my CLS- 7 years and the price is still firm at £80000 with the same low mileage as it had back then.

Expensive thing to have depreciating on your balance sheet.

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS 6.3 SV12-R BI TURBO 750 BRABUS ROCKET ONLY 1 IN UK | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom