W126 Widebody kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
are you selling the 6.2l 500e? price?

i'd be interested (yes, even with these fuel prices)

NOS Original Non Widebody kit. Photos I will make in October or November when I will restore the car.

Oh, you paid Non-widebody for $1750 ! I can get you it for far less, half the price !

The kit i was selling in the auction is a WIDEBODY kit...worth 5x the non widebody kit.

talbir

hi mate,

Since i have two 500E's and have just bought an MB that is a one-off (details will be revealed soon, but it's well worth it, more rare than an AMG w124 Hammer Widebody coupe !), I am selling one of my 500E's, either one that sells. Two 500e's is just greedy.

The Renntech 6.3 litre engine with 6 spd manual package has not yet been installed - the engine is ready, gearbox will take time. But whichever 500E is kept, will be installed with the Renntech engine.

cheers
talbir

Oh, you paid Non-widebody for $1750 ! I can get you it for far less, half the price !

The kit i was selling in the auction is a WIDEBODY kit...worth 5x the non widebody kit.

talbir

You can supply complete original AMG Gen II standard kits for around £500?

If that's the case I'll take as many as you can supply me.

yep, go to Japan Yahoo Auctions and you'll get the full Gen II AMG set for SEL/SEC for circa 250 to 300 gbp. Rest is shipping cost of the items and with a courier account, you can get the box of goodies shipped for circa 250-300 gbp again.

That's how much i paid for my Gen II kit on my white 560SEC...genuine AMG Gen II kit.

Doesn't make sense to pay more, you can buy a w126 equipped with the goodies for 1k. I bought a 560 SEL with full Gen II AMG kit, i mean the full works...for 1.5k !!!! Full AMG kit and a superb 560 SEL attached !:bannana:

talbir

yep, go to Japan Yahoo Auctions and you'll get the full Gen II AMG set for SEL/SEC for circa 250 to 300 gbp. Rest is shipping cost of the items and with a courier account, you can get the box of goodies shipped for circa 250-300 gbp again.

That's how much i paid for my Gen II kit on my white 560SEC...genuine AMG Gen II kit.

Doesn't make sense to pay more, you can buy a w126 equipped with the goodies for 1k. I bought a 560 SEL with full Gen II AMG kit, i mean the full works...for 1.5k !!!! Full AMG kit and a superb 560 SEL attached !:bannana:

talbir

Ahh I see...not quite the same, and yes I've bought from there and generally ship in groupage container orders. From the way your post is written I thought you had a source of nearly new old stock or something.

You can supply complete original AMG Gen II standard kits for around £500?

If that's the case I'll take as many as you can supply me.
Hello. I bought NEW OLD STOCK AMG BODY KIT, NON USED or Replica at AMG Japan (Tel. (06)351-6373) - 1750$ without shipping cost (shipping cost to me - 278$)!!! At Yahoo auction usually sold Replicas.
If you are interested NOS AMG body kit (NON Replica, NON Used) let me address (Country, City), I know how much it would cost delivery.

I don't see any difference between a NOS AMG ground effect item and a 20 year old one....all these items are fibreglass/plastic etc, so have no rust issues...a strip and repsray at a quality bodyshop has them looking new again.

New items also require the prep and spray, so there really is no additional work.

talbir

I don't see any difference between a NOS AMG ground effect item and a 20 year old one....all these items are fibreglass/plastic etc, so have no rust issues...a strip and repsray at a quality bodyshop has them looking new again.

New items also require the prep and spray, so there really is no additional work.

talbir
My AMG kit is made of polyurethane (Elastic plastic), non fiberglass;) :p

My AMG kit is made of polyurethane (Elastic plastic), non fiberglass;) :p

Generation 1 Kits were fibreglass
Generation 2 Kits were much more flexible plastics.

I'm seriously interested in NOS kits for the second generation SEC W126 if you have a contact out there.

Do you have an email address for AMG Japan? I have a guy out there who will deal with the shipping for me, but I need to arrange the purchase.

Last edited:
I have yet to see/purchase a replica item from the Yahoo Japan auctions.

talbir

I haven't, theres a fair amount of junk there being passed off as original.

agree, on the small item stuff, but the AMG ground effects / suspensions etc are always genuine.

Plus, not all people are au fait with AMG Japan items, some of which were not availble in other markets....so sometimes people mistakenly think the items must be fake.

talbir

Hi all, Is there a website for these AMG Japan people?... And also what are the chances of me getting a Gen2 AMG kit for a W124 cabriolet from them at a decent price?

Cheers Dee

Generation 1 Kits were fibreglass
Generation 2 Kits were much more flexible plastics.

I'm seriously interested in NOS kits for the second generation SEC W126 if you have a contact out there.

Do you have an email address for AMG Japan? I have a guy out there who will deal with the shipping for me, but I need to arrange the purchase.
Email me at vlad_amg(dog)yahoo dot co dot jp

Hi all, Is there a website for these AMG Japan people?... And also what are the chances of me getting a Gen2 AMG kit for a W124 cabriolet from them at a decent price?

Cheers Dee

I'm awaiting that address from Vlad also.....

As for the kit, the problem you have is not buying the item, which is reasonably easy with a little research, but getting it back here for a reasonable sum, it's why I generally build up a few items and ship them bulk.

So even if you find an item for say.....£500, it may cost you more than that in shipping, import duty, vast, bunker charges, customs charges, brother in law charges, gravy train charges, and charges on the charges......you get the idea.......

Also bulky items are charged by volumetric weight.....i.e. you'r bodykit may only weigh in at 30kg in total, but becasue the packing is so large, it's shipping value is that of something 10 times it's weight.....

I'm hoping I can get a contact address out there, I'd put together some bulk orders for any New Old Stock original AMG items I could get hold of.....

I'm awaiting that address from Vlad also.....

As for the kit, the problem you have is not buying the item, which is reasonably easy with a little research, but getting it back here for a reasonable sum, it's why I generally build up a few items and ship them bulk.

So even if you find an item for say.....£500, it may cost you more than that in shipping, import duty, vast, bunker charges, customs charges, brother in law charges, gravy train charges, and charges on the charges......you get the idea.......

Also bulky items are charged by volumetric weight.....i.e. you'r bodykit may only weigh in at 30kg in total, but becasue the packing is so large, it's shipping value is that of something 10 times it's weight.....

I'm hoping I can get a contact address out there, I'd put together some bulk orders for any New Old Stock original AMG items I could get hold of.....

I would be more than interested in getting a kit this way, I am a complete novice when it comes to importing goods from the far east, so any help from an experienced importer would be a great help, as i have virtually given up hope of getting a kit at a reasonable price on these shores....keep me posted with the address & ill keep my fingers crossed!Cheers Dee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom