W163 heater flap actuator motors zeroing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vintage

Car
ML
Hi, very new to this forum and looking for some help with heater problems with my 2001 Ml W163 which has had heater problems for years. I know the hot / cold blending flap is not working and decided to start with the other flaps. Found the rear compartment flap and defrost flap are not working and discovered that the motors ran but arms are split and slipping on motor shafts. Have ordered new arms but problem I have is locating arms in correct position as motors seem to move in various arcs of travel and think that new arms may break if they foul up. MB wis system states motors should be zeroed when replaced - any way of doing this without Star system ? Also would hot / cold blend motor need to be working correctly for these others to work correctly as I may find the arm is split or the motor faulty when I finally bite the bullet and take out dash to fix it.
Have also seen posts about resetting flap motors on other mercedes by pushing recirc button and defrost button together and getting lights to flash. What is procedure with the ML as these switches are one rocker switch and therefore cannot be pressed simultaneously.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom