W202 Auto lights How to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig Spain

Car
1996 W202 C280
Hi, I'm new here, so I hope I've got this right.

I've just picked up a C280 W202, 1996 elegance, I'm in Spain, so it's a left hooker, in fact, I think it may be from Africa, as the original dealer was in Ceuta ( a Spanish enclave in northern Moroco) The car has only 51,000km on the clock and is like new.

I have one question that I hope someone may be able to help with. Can auto lights be fitted? may not seem much, but we have a lot of Tunnels where I live, and it's a big fine if you forget to put your lights on,(which I have done once):eek:

Ta for the help

There are several cheap fixes to this problem, most of which can be found on e bay. They are simply light sensors wired into the headlight circuit with the light sensor itself being fitted either in the front grill or on the front of the car most retail for around €20. Although I am sure there ia a far more expensive MB solution?

No Luck

I've had a good look around the net and on flea bay, cant find a sensor anywhere, was thinking of making one if there to pricey or not available. If anyone knows where I might find one, I would be grateful. Thanks

I have a link to a cheap-ish autolights kit at home, took me ages to find it! Will post later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom