• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W202 C180 Keyfob must be constantly resynced

brosmi

Hi All

I have a 1997 manual C180. Lately whenever I try to open the car using the keyfob it fails and I have to open the door manually using the key and then resync the keyfob. Once I have done this I can open & close using keyfob for a while but getting to point where resync only lasts for a few hours.
(I have new batteries in the keyfob).

I have tried using my spare keyfob (also has new batteries) but whilst it does open the car it leave the green light on the mirror constantly flashing.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi,
The rear view mirror has a red light in at as well does this work? Can you get the siren to work by tripping the alarm or does the alarm when triggered only operate the indicators?
These alarm systems were a Scorpion system fitted by MB as OEM equipment from new, though there are 7 or so different systems depending on the method of by-pass and whether or not the car was equipped with a DAS 1 Immobiliser or whether it was built into the alarm system.
When they fail it can normally be traced one or more of four items, the fob batteries, the siren, as the back-up battery fails, the rear view mirror can go U/S and/or one or more of the led's in the mirror can fail this "can" cause immobiliser faults though this doesn,t nessacarily start when the led fails, it can occur days, weeks, even months after the led has failled. Also the fob, the fact you have two keys, I take it they are the correct ones for the vehicle and both have worked correctly in the past, and not sly ones sourced from E-bay, I would,nt expect them both to fail at the same time.
I personnally think it will be the siren or the rear view mirror, replace the mirror first if the red led doesn,t work. If the siren doesn,t sound replace the back-up battery in the siren itself, though a non maintenance item, you can source a replacement battery from somewhere like RS or Maplins, new I do not think they are available any longer.

Hi i have similar problems.both green and red light flashes when I turn the key to start the engine.last night I couldnt lock the door.changed battery and all, stiil no sign to lock unlock.I know that the immobilieser is activated,if I could deactivate it I could probably start the car and lock the car manually,could I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom