• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 Audio Cable to connect Android phone to Media Interface in Glovebox

R77C

Car
C63
Hi all,

As per the thread title really - phoned MB and they literally don't have a clue! I want to connect my Android phone (USB-C) to the Media Interface connector in my Glovebox (I have a C63 so it has Comand Online as standard) such that I can play Spotify through the screen/steering wheel controls etc.

And before anyone says Bluetooth...I currently do it this way but the audio losses through Bluetooth are getting on my nerves, and I gather a direct connection is much better.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Rip your Spotify music to an SD-Card, no losses....

(I know this is not the answer you were expecting, I am just trying to be clever...........)

Have you considered using the standard MB Micro-USB cable, with a third-party Micri-USB to USB-C adapter?

E.g.:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARKTEK-Adapter-Keychain--MacBook/dp/B078S51LVP/

hi on stereo front where can i obtain satnav card for unit

hi on stereo front where can i obtain satnav card for unit
It might be better if you start a new thread....

That said, if you have the Audio20 unit with the SD-Card slot for the Garmin Map Pilot satnav, then you have 3 options:

- If the car never had the Garmin Map Pilot fitted, a new card will cost £499 from an MB dealer.

- If the car had an older Garmin Map Pilot SD-Card, and you want an updated one I.e. with the latest version of maps, then an update SD-Card will cost £99 from an MB dealer. The TomTom Live Traffic Data will work as well.

- You can buy a genuine-looking Garmin Map Pilot SD-Card off eBay for around £50, apparently they do work, though the TomTom Live Traffic Data might not work.

Firstly, apologies. I mean the connector in the Armrest, not the Glovebox!

@markjay Looking at that link you sent it appears it's a normal USB not a micro. Would I therefore need a normal USB - USB-C adapter? I've had funny experiences before with using those adapters and it not transmitting the signal properly - is it a tried and tested solution?

Older Mercs used a proprietary media connector in the glove compartment.

Newer Mercs use standard USB port for the media interface.

Your W204 C63 with COMAND NTG4.5 and Universal Media Interface (UMI), should have both types of connectors.

As far as I know, the cable that will give you control over your phone from the steering wheel is the one connecting to the UMI connector in the glove compartment, not the USB cable connecting to the USB port in the armrest.

Comand UK will know which cable you need, give them a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom