W204 C63 Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks stunning Andy.

Thanks. It was very tidy when I picked it up but there is no hiding place for dirt on a white car, when yo7 look close it really stands out. I got through a lot of clay and a lot of crap came off, but well worth the effort. Spending the time tidying up the discs makes a huge difference too, costs very little but quite a bit of time :)

Looks stunning Andy.

Did you paint the wheel Bolts or managed to get the old ones looking mint again?

The heads were rusty , just gave them a rub over with wire wool , degreased and a light coat of Hammerite smooth silver. It won’t last forever but it’s a quick job when you have a wheel off. I get cheap half inch paint brushes and just throw them after I’ve done.

Andy, what did you use on the Exhaust tips?

Wire wool and Autosol?

Regards

Ian

91C8A7B0-0325-4097-B5D0-0BAD75A03949.jpeg CC3B65D8-7B50-4839-810A-7AFE96EE0811.jpeg EACE2850-79D1-4D06-9BFC-E2214CB9F168.jpeg

Finished, leather done and AMG PL sticker installed :D

All ready for a drive in the Yorkshire Dales this weekend to do a recce for another Northern Meeting which is in the planning stage :rolleyes:

The heads were rusty , just gave them a rub over with wire wool , degreased and a light coat of Hammerite smooth silver. It won’t last forever but it’s a quick job when you have a wheel off. I get cheap half inch paint brushes and just throw them after I’ve done.

Great improvement Andy. Good to see there’s people who actually care with there pride.

Great work

Would love to see some before / after on the alacantara steering wheel. As they are a pain to keep clean..

Great improvement Andy. Good to see there’s people who actually care with there pride.

Great work

Thanks for the kind words. I’m fortunate that my car is not a daily driver , we have another car for the routine stuff. When we go out in the AMG it’s always an occasion and feels “special” and I want the car to be at its best. I like to get things right and keep on top of them, it’s much more about time and effort than throwing money at it. :)

93456E14-E612-4394-95AB-2E2B6A3B8C4B.jpeg 25E74C8A-0A2C-4850-B7DB-48990609FB0C.jpeg
Would love to see some before / after on the alacantara steering wheel. As they are a pain to keep clean..

These are before. Put plenty of old towels in and over things. I just use very hot water and a clean cloth , wrap it around the wheel and squeeze it, don’t rub , use a dry microfibre towel to squeeze and dry , don’t rub and leave it dry out naturally, takes about 24 hours. Dirt will lift out. Again it something to do regularly not once every 5 years ;)

7FC0117E-8A11-438B-A95C-73D32D95B24B.jpeg 530CBCBE-2531-480A-9E85-B290A36FF1B7.jpeg

These are what it looks like now. After I’d done 270 miles home my hands felt and looked dirty. I love the Alcantara/Dynamica wheels they just need a bit of regular TLC like everything else :)

Looks good. I’ve seen people use suede brushes, but I think what have mentioned above is all you need really

37E67D12-A9AE-4083-8CD0-E4BBA44A32C1.jpeg

Having satisfied my Clay addiction , I’ll be off this weekend to satisfy the C63’s V Power addiction :D

Looks good. I’ve seen people use suede brushes, but I think what have mentioned above is all you need really

I’ve had Alcantara wheels before and the advice has always been to “don’t rub it with anything” it’s amazing how well they come up no matter how skanky they look. I’ve seen some I wouldn’t touch without gloves on :mad:

98845609-0BA0-4CF0-974A-36B827CC80FC.jpeg

Question folks. How do you get the MB bonnet badge off? Mine is blue , photo doesn’t show the colour well , and I’m fancying a genuine MB black one instead as it’s the only thing blue on the car. I had a look underneath and couldn’t see any nuts looks like some sort of rivet

Id stay away too. Can’t see it being that expensive anyway from the Dealers, Along with a perfect fit..

Id stay away too. Can’t see it being that expensive anyway from the Dealers, Along with a perfect fit..

Definitely OEM for me , I’ve seen these in the dealers as “accessories” just need to find a dealer who’s got a sale on “accessories”. I’m going to ask Santa for a genuine set of Affalterbach centre caps this year too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom