• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 Carlsson DRLs Fitted

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
First Photos! Car needs a clean and the tape needs removing but gives you an idea of how they look!

drlviews.jpg

Very nice
They look too yellow for LEDs, or is that just the photo?

Very nice
They look too yellow for LEDs, or is that just the photo?

They are LEDs but selected to match the headlamps I think - I'll have to see if I can live with that or switch back to the standard eyebrows - the eyebrow LEDs are a bit too blue.

Images are colour corrected to the front plate as neutral.

Do you know something. I think a set of DLRs would look great fitted to a 124 where the "lowbrows" are.

Sits back and waits for incoming.

So the next thing is - LED tail clusters.... and maybe a HID kit, or maybe not - the headlamps on the 204 are way better than the 211.

Anyone like to comment on these

Looks pretty good, though I'd have thought the LEDs would be a little more on the white side rather than yellow. Those rear LED lights look pretty good, just hope that they are high quality so you don't have one or two random LEDs that jack in after a couple of months.

You'll be buying an Audi next...

Where's the "unthank" button?

Audis are for women, or for men with manbags, ipads, macbook-airs, jobs in "architecture" and "design" and boyfriends.

how much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?
any mods needed? or is it plug n play?

They look nice... i was looking at those a while back...

how much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?
any mods needed? or is it plug n play?

They look nice... i was looking at those a while back...

Got them from Kunzmann in Germany for 349 euro- much cheaper than the UK importers (who want about 450+vat for them)

Note that there is cutting of the bumper required, and the carriers are matte black so you may or may not want to paint them - I got my local bodyshop to paint the obsidian and fit them for me also - me and one of my business partners fitted all the wiring in advance (involves modifying the existing headlamp loom but all the parts are included, you need a terminal removal tool though)

Kunzmann stock all the Brabus, AMG and Lorinser stuff too at good prices.

Looks pretty good, though I'd have thought the LEDs would be a little more on the white side rather than yellow. Those rear LED lights look pretty good, just hope that they are high quality so you don't have one or two random LEDs that jack in after a couple of months.

Just ordered them, if I don't like the look of the they'll be on ebay!

Lights look great!

Where's the "unthank" button?

Audis are for women, or for men with manbags, ipads, macbook-airs, jobs in "architecture" and "design" and boyfriends.

:p one owns an A4 you know. One has had 105k miles of trouble free motoring. Compared to the wifes B-Class that's been 58k of bits being replaced and rust being removed....and the C-Class courtesy car that I had while the trusty Audi was being repaired broke too - and it was only 6 weeks old.

Have to say, the wife's Merc isn't a patch on the Audi in terms of build-quality, ease of maintenance, cost of maintenance etc.

Still struggle to understand how the merc diesel uses 3.5l of oil between services and that's "normal" - my Audi only holds 4.2l total and uses about 250ml between services!!

D.

You'll be buying an Audi next...
Even Audi have dumped the council-house fairy-light headlamps now and have "light bars" instead on their new models/facelifts. Bit like Lexus and their tail-lamps!

Even Audi have dumped the council-house fairy-light headlamps now and have "light bars" instead on their new models/facelifts. Bit like Lexus and their tail-lamps!

All that has changed is the light-prism technology in the clusters, still uses the same LEDs, except now its a more even, constant light output though the use of the internal prism. the facelift W204 rear clusters are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom