W204 facelift owners - where is the ECO symbol located in you instrument cluster?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20200707-214946.jpg

3CC99969-586B-4F82-ABD0-ACF49160AFAB.jpeg

Rubbish photo taken just now. I had to go out in the rain to get it. ECO at the bottom. 2012 C350 Sport petrol with COMAND Online, traffic sign assist, passive parking assist, etc

View attachment 99148

Rubbish photo taken just now. I had to go out in the rain to get it. ECO at the bottom. 2012 C350 Sport petrol with COMAND Online, traffic sign assist, passive parking assist, etc

Thanks for the effort, appreciated.

Sadly though this throws out the window my theory regarding the Traffic Sign Assist :(

Back to square one, then....

Sadly though this throws out the window my theory regarding the Traffic Sign Assist :(

Sorry, I may have misled you. What I have may be Speed Limit Assist that reads speed limit signs and displays them on the instrument panel and Nav display when that’s in use. Traffic Sign Assist appears to be something more comprehensive. So you may be right.

Edit: As far as I can tell now, Traffic Sign Assist wasn’t introduced until 2013 on S and E-class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I may have misled you. What I have may be Speed Limit Assist that reads speed limit signs and displays them on the instrument panel and Nav display when that’s in use. Traffic Sign Assist appears to be something more comprehensive. So you may be right.

Mine is on the side. 2013 63 W204 220 CDI. Exec SE. I have passive park assist but not Attention Assist.

Is the difference perhaps Lane Keeping Assist (which I don’t have) that requires a bit more room to display?

Mine is on the side. 2013 63 W204 220 CDI. Exec SE. I have passive park assist but not Attention Assist.

Just realised that the HOLD symbol on my car, is exactly where the ECO symbol is on your car - so where does the HOLD show on your instrument cluster?

As for Attention Assist.... according to the UK sales brochure (dated December 2012), it is standard across the range:

Tt.png

Are you sure that your car does not have it? Or perhaps it has not been activated in the Instrument Cluster Assist menu?

I would say that we can eliminate all of the above given that they are (supposedly?) standard on all cars.

It is not any of the above:

- Model year
- Trim level (SE, AMG, etc)
- Engine type (CDI, CGI, etc)
- Body type (Saloon/Coupe/Estate)
- Transmission Type (Auto/manual)
- Parktronic or Attention Assist (apparently these are standard on all cars)

It can definitely be one of the Driver Aids:

Lane Keep Assist - does anyone have that?
Distronic - does anyone have that?
Blind Spot Assist - does anyone have that?

(Speed Sign Recognition Assist / Speed Limit Assist / Automatic Traffic Sign was eliminated by knighterrant)

Just realised that the HOLD symbol on my car, is exactly where the ECO symbol is on your car - so where does the HOLD show on your instrument cluster?

As for Attention Assist.... according to the UK sales brochure (dated December 2012), it is standard across the range:

Tt.png

Are you sure that your car does not have it? Or perhaps it has not been activated in the Instrument Cluster Assist menu?

I can't say I've seen a HOLD symbol on my dash although the HILL START ASSIST works fine.
As for Attention Assist I'll have to check whether I have it but haven't activated it. I'll let you know soon.
I love my car but I do find all the idiosyncrasies a bit confusing. I don't understand why, when I have the digital speedo activated in MPH it shows the speed in KPH underneath it. I'd rather it showed the outside temperature but it's not a problem.

... I don't understand why, when I have the digital speedo activated in MPH it shows the speed in KPH underneath it. I'd rather it showed the outside temperature but it's not a problem.

I can't say I've seen a HOLD symbol on my dash although the HILL START ASSIST works fine.

Does your car have a manual gearbox?

As for Attention Assist I'll have to check whether I have it but haven't activated it. I'll let you know soon.

Check the Instrument Cluster menu under the ASSIST tab.

Check the Instrument Cluster menu under the ASSIST tab.

My car is automatic. Late 2013 63 reg although the PDI was carried out in Jan 2014 so it may have been a pre reg.

According to the cluster Attention Assist is activated. see pics.

Attachments

• Attn Asst.jpg
    Attn Asst.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • KPH.jpg
    KPH.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
My car is automatic. Late 2013 63 reg although the PDI was carried out in Jan 2014 so it may have been a pre reg.

According to the cluster Attention Assist is activated. see pics.
Odd that you don't have the coffee cup symbol. And odd that you don't have the HOLD symbol showing on the dash when you use the Hill Climb Assist. The plot thickens.....

Odd that you don't have the coffee cup symbol. And odd that you don't have the HOLD symbol showing on the dash when you use the Hill Climb Assist. The plot thickens.....
I've only had the car for 6/7 weeks but have never seen the coffee cup symbol. That's why I thought I didn't have Attention Assist. As for the hold system, I haven't looked for it before but will the next time I drive the car (tomorrow).
The plot does indeed thicken.

Is it possible that the instrument clusters are made by more than one supplier? That may account for any differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom