W204 Parking Brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tekman

Car
C 320 CDI
I have just replaced my Parking brake got kit from Newcastle I did change all springs but couldnt figure out how to change the lever so just left old one on because I have ordered dust shieldss for both sides new cam bolts and arm for each side.
So question is how do you open the lever to get little pin out did trry but couldn`t due to small amount of space is there a ajuster on cable do have to slacken it off if so where
Brake lever.jpg
Any help appreciated got all me part`s just waiting on No rain forcast

I'm also curious about this, as I did the exact same job a couple of years back and for the life of me couldn't work out how to remove and re-fit those little levers. I also had to leave the old ones in place.
A few months after that, I started having rear parking brake shoe binding issues, and had to back off the offside adjuster just to stop everything overheating (at the cost of a weakened parking brake operation). Naturally, it failed it's MoT on this shortly after, and so I admitted defeat and took it into the local Merc dealer. They managed to fix it (it was a graunchy cable), and I was told their best mechanics had one hell of a job removing the old cable, which made me feel much better about the whole thing. I would have asked about the technique to fit these little levers, but being a Merc dealership, all the mechanics are locked away out of sight of the customers.

Hold on , why is this the first time I have seen this 5 month old post ?? Despite me being on here almost daily since then ??

Did you let off all of the slack (13mm spanner) on the splitter box beneath the rear passenger seat before starting work ? The 'lever' just falls out and you can lubricate and fit the adjusters quite easily if you did let the slack off.

Ordering dust shields after you have done a handbrake re furb is a bit ass about face but never mind , they are critical parts as the brake shoe spring fits into them. . You do realise that unless you are prepared to cut the shields to fit it is a major job to remove the rear hubs to do so ?

have a look on here and see my input when I did the job on my C class S203 , I believe it's very similar to your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom