W205 c class water in boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Becoming a goldfish tank :eek:. I'll get a picture of mine tonight to see if its as bad
Had MB fix a leak in boot of my C43 when under warranty, but now out of warranty and its back. Possibly coming from left roof rail at back. Water dripping in bottom left behind warning triangle and towing eye. Boot is completey stripped out. Exhaust sounds awesome though.

hi, did you manage to sort this out? mine still leaks
Funnily enough I was in mine this morning and there is still water getting in. Think it had disappeared with all the recent dry weather. My next step is going to be silicon in the holes of the structural frame on the left hand side of the boot, that appears to be how its getting into mine. This is the best link I've found
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Funnily enough I was in mine this morning and there is still water getting in. Think it had disappeared with all the recent dry weather. My next step is going to be silicon in the holes of the structural frame on the left hand side of the boot, that appears to be how its getting into mine. This is the best link I've found
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks, any idea how to take off the rear bumper? I still need to check mine properly as i have a feeling it might be from the plastic trims around the boot lid is how it is getting in.

Thanks, any idea how to take off the rear bumper? I still need to check mine properly as i have a feeling it might be from the plastic trims around the boot lid is how it is getting in.
Had a look and it seems like a bit of a faff, torn between taking it to a garage or a youtube video

Scotty is a certified Loon but some of his stuff is hilarious. This might work , no idea what it would make the boot smell like though . Mainly used for finding vacuum leaks.

Spoke to soon. Literally just went and checked now and there is a massive puddle of water. Guess I will be following the steps above to try and clear out the drain pipes at the weekend. Will keep you posted. Let us know how you get on.

View attachment 108468
Did you sort this out? As I had the same issue and found that the plastic trim was lose and the water was getting in thru there so double check that the trim is fitted properly as was leaking in and water was running down to the middle where the wiring loom and fuse box is.

Attachments

• IMG_5485.jpeg
    IMG_5485.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom