W205 C63s AMG Sport Seat Stand Alone Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craigo1979

Car
GLE63s
Hi Guru's
I Have a pair of W205 Seats from a 2016 Mercedes C63s I would like to retrofit to a stand alone hotrod application!
The Seats came with the seat control unit but this is all.
I do have access to the door switches and wiring loom if needed.
All i would like to have working is the electric seat adjustment. The seat switch, heater (if it has one) or memory settings do not need to function.
My questions are:
Has anyone or is it possible to have these seats to be completely Stand Alone on their own system?
I have read many threads talking about retro fitting them to earlier model Mercedes but never to another brand of car or hot rod applications.
WHAT I HAVE READ is that you need the door switch but is this all i need?
Do i need the door control unit or even the BCM?
Would i need to do any recoding for a stand alone application?
As the switch unit is only 3 wire i am assuming that they would be CAN communication to the seat controller but i am unsure whether we can just use the door switch module and the controller and if they talk to each other alone or if they need to pass through the BCM as a different signal?

I have also thought of just using switches for all functions but i would ideally like to have the factory switches and not have to modify the seats.
Any experiance or advice would be much appreciated.
PLEASE HELP!
Pick for Attention
1616648004326.png

Hi Guru's
I Have a pair of W205 Seats from a 2016 Mercedes C63s I would like to retrofit to a stand alone hotrod application!
The Seats came with the seat control unit but this is all.
I do have access to the door switches and wiring loom if needed.
All i would like to have working is the electric seat adjustment. The seat switch, heater (if it has one) or memory settings do not need to function.
My questions are:
Has anyone or is it possible to have these seats to be completely Stand Alone on their own system?
I have read many threads talking about retro fitting them to earlier model Mercedes but never to another brand of car or hot rod applications.
WHAT I HAVE READ is that you need the door switch but is this all i need?
Do i need the door control unit or even the BCM?
Would i need to do any recoding for a stand alone application?
As the switch unit is only 3 wire i am assuming that they would be CAN communication to the seat controller but i am unsure whether we can just use the door switch module and the controller and if they talk to each other alone or if they need to pass through the BCM as a different signal?

I have also thought of just using switches for all functions but i would ideally like to have the factory switches and not have to modify the seats.
Any experiance or advice would be much appreciated.
PLEASE HELP!
Pick for Attention
View attachment 110965
Hi Craigo,
Setting the fully electric seats up as a standalone system can be done - I did it when I was halfway through retrofitting fully electric and memory seats. I needed to be able to adjust the seats before I could get them coded in.
Normally the adjustment would be sent via CAN, through the door control module to body control module and then to the respective seat motors.
If you can find a set of seat controls that are analogue, actually have 1 contact / wire per function (like seat back up or down), then you can just take a 12v feed and earth to supply power to the switches which will then supply power to that particular motor when activated with the switch.
Here's the best bit, I've already done the hard work for you - I used Land Rover Discovery 2 seat switches.
You then just need to check which wires do what (easy with a multimeter) and you're good to go.

Hi Craigo,
Setting the fully electric seats up as a standalone system can be done - I did it when I was halfway through retrofitting fully electric and memory seats. I needed to be able to adjust the seats before I could get them coded in.
Normally the adjustment would be sent via CAN, through the door control module to body control module and then to the respective seat motors.
If you can find a set of seat controls that are analogue, actually have 1 contact / wire per function (like seat back up or down), then you can just take a 12v feed and earth to supply power to the switches which will then supply power to that particular motor when activated with the switch.
Here's the best bit, I've already done the hard work for you - I used Land Rover Discovery 2 seat switches.
You then just need to check which wires do what (easy with a multimeter) and you're good to go.

Thanks for the insight!
Yes I think that will be the way i do it!
Having to use and buy the door module and the BCM module to have it all working sounds like that it would take far too much time and effort!
Just out of interest the Disco switches are rated to supply the motors enough current?

Thanks for the insight!
Yes I think that will be the way i do it!
Having to use and buy the door module and the BCM module to have it all working sounds like that it would take far too much time and effort!
Just out of interest the Disco switches are rated to supply the motors enough current?
Well, the switches are designed to do exactly the same job on the Disco.

If you want an easy solution, I still have the disco switches, both sides, all working and fitted with the correct plug housings (and possibly correctly wired for your seats although they are currently wired for E Class AMG seats). This would create a plug and play solution (you would need to choose a way to mount the disco switches though).
Shipping to Oz shouldn't be too bad.

Can't send you PM as you are too new to the site.

Si

beste ik heb stoelen van een w205 de stoelen zijn compleet met de modules onder de stoel ook ik heb deurpanelen met stoelbediening ik heb gelezen dat je deze werkend hebt gekregen. kun je me alsjeblieft helpen de mijne aan het werk te krijgen, ik wil ze in een klassieke auto passen zonder canbus, het is een auto uit de jaren 80. de deurbedieningen van de stoelen hebben 3 draden. mijn e-mail is [email protected]

Welnu, de schakelaars zijn ontworpen om precies hetzelfde werk te doen op de Disco.

Als je een gemakkelijke oplossing wilt, ik heb nog steeds de discoschakelaars, beide kanten, allemaal werkend en voorzien van de juiste stekkerbehuizingen (en mogelijk correct bedraad voor je stoelen, hoewel ze momenteel bedraad zijn voor E-klasse AMG-stoelen). Dit zou een plug-and-play-oplossing creëren (u zou echter een manier moeten kiezen om de discoschakelaars te monteren).
Verzenden naar Oz zou niet al te slecht moeten zijn.

Ik kan je geen PB sturen omdat je te nieuw bent op de site.

Si
beste ik heb stoelen van een w205 de stoelen zijn compleet met de modules onder de stoel ook ik heb deurpanelen met stoelbediening ik heb gelezen dat je deze werkend hebt gekregen. kun je me alsjeblieft helpen de mijne aan het werk te krijgen, ik wil ze in een klassieke auto passen zonder canbus, het is een auto uit de jaren 80. de deurbedieningen van de stoelen hebben 3 draden. mijn e-mail is [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom