W209 CLK240 M112 coolant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich1068

Car
Many Saabs and an '03 CLK 240
I'm sure this will have been covered before but next job is a coolant change. Can I confirm that I should be getting the 325.0 fluid? I know colours aren't always the best indicator of type but the stuff that's in is blue/green but more green than blue.

Need to get a drain tap first though. When I did the oil I noticed it had been shared off.

Thanks for that.

Since posting I took a trip to the dealer and ordered the drain plug. While there I asked about coolant and they said they now only use and sell the MB red coolant which I believe is the 325.6 stuff. Could be wrong on the number but red nonetheless. Anyhoo, I asked if it was safe to mix with the 325.0 that's (probably) already in. They said yes but some Googling of the various Benz forums suggests this may not be the case. I intend to just do a few drain and fills off the radiator so can anyone comment on mixing the two types?

Some fluids are backwards compatible, others don't mix. Have a look on Opie oils web site there may be some info on there for you.

A little more looking round suggests that mixing 325.0 with the newer 325.6 is a no no. Assuming what's in mine is the older spec 325.0, MB Sheffield parts department assured me is was fine to mix. I don't intend to do a full flush so I think I'm coming down on the side of Prestone to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom