w210 320 cdi what type of mpg can i expect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The mistake here is mine assuming there is an OM648 engine in his car, when in all probability now it is an OM613.
Mr Tattt, please post up your vin number so we can correctly identify the engine in your car, you should find it at the base of your windscreen.

Yep definitely an OM613 :)

Here you go toolman wdb2100262b434285 if that helps

Might as well have the datacard

Datacard
Identification number: WDB2100262B434285 4
Chassis

Sales designation: E 320 CDI
Order number: 0 1 537 60101
Delivery date: 22 08 2001
Paint code 1: 744U BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC
Equipment: 211A LEATHER ANTHRACITE
Engine no.: 613961 30 066241
Transmission: 722626 03 138913
SA code
210A LEATHER
211A LEATHER ANTHRACITE
213 PARAMETER STEERING
249 INSIDE AND OUTSIDE MIRROR AUTOMATIC DIMMING
345 RAIN SENSOR
352 COMAND
354 ANTENNA FOR TELEPHONE D/E-NET
423 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
500 OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR LH AND RH FOLDING
543 SUN VISOR WITH MAKE-UP MIRROR L. AND R., BE-
551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
600 HEADLAMPS - CLEANING EQUIPMENT
611 EXIT LIGHTS FOR DRIVER DOORS
617 XENON HEADLAMPS, LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
668 PACKAGING FOR SHIPPING VEHICLES WITH TIE-DOWN HOOK
673 HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERY
677 AVANTGARDE CHASSIS
691 BLUE HEAT-INSULATING GLASS ALL-AROUND, GLASS REAR
744U BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC
802 AEJ 01/1/X
819 CD CHANGER
833 INVALID/GREAT BRITAIN,ADDITIONAL PARTS
852 MOBILE.PRE-INSTALL.COMPL.ON TOWER NOKIA SERIES 5/6
876 INTERIOR LIGHT ASSEMBLY
877 READING LAMP IN THE REAR
882 INTERIOR SAFEGUARD
954 EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES
984 COC DOC., DELETION OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION DOC.
989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
M613 R6-DIESEL ENGINE M613
P34 SPECIAL MODEL EXCLUSIV/EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE
Other
Lamps: HELLA

Thanks Bob for getting the data card, and yes it shows Mr Tattt has a OM613 engine in his car, and not an OM648. Serves me right for assuming and not checking.
However, for his £700 he has Comand, Xenon headlamps and blue glass. If he can keep the rust at bay then he has a bargain. I hope he gets his Inlet port motor sorted as per his other thread.

Steve.

Thanks Bob for getting the data card, and yes it shows Mr Tattt has a OM613 engine in his car, and not an OM648. Serves me right for assuming and not checking.
However, for his £700 he has Comand, Xenon headlamps and blue glass. If he can keep the rust at bay then he has a bargain. I hope he gets his Inlet port motor sorted as per his other thread.

Steve.
Will do fella

OK I filled up today 72.27 to the 130.6 a litre click on the pump and the clock reads 311 miles take from that wat u will fellas I've driven quite hard until and where limp mode allows and doesn't kick in still a fair amount of black smoke so going to sort the inlet port asap

OK I filled up today 72.27 to the 130.6 a litre click on the pump and the clock reads 311 miles take from that wat u will fellas I've driven quite hard until and where limp mode allows and doesn't kick in still a fair amount of black smoke so going to sort the inlet port asap
Was that £72.77 @ £1.30 per litre? That would be 55.72 litres.

Why not simply state the number of litres...it would be so much simpler for everyone rather than stating "half a tank", or so many "miles to the tenner"?

Because I was in rush and didn't look at the litres on pump and couldn't remember how many litres in a gallon at time I'm soooo sorry

I wasn't taught gallons in school c lol and I find a litre a very small amount to measure by miles?

The trip computer on my CLK 320 CDI sport says during my daily commute to work 16 miles (9 miles dual carriageway 7 miles mixed 30 & 40 mph limits) that I'm getting 38-41mpg. The trip takes me about 25 minutes. Is this any good for a comparison for ya?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Because I was in rush and didn't look at the litres on pump and couldn't remember how many litres in a gallon at time I'm soooo sorry
No need to be dismissive, nobody asked you to do the conversion, but time and again people ask about mileage and then say they put a tenner in and only went 50 miles....how the hell can anyone help when the op is lazy.

Rant over.

On the other hand the best I got was 56mpg...in a W210 e320cdi.

Around town...less than 30.

The mistake here is mine assuming there is an OM648 engine in his car, when in all probability now it is an OM613.
Mr Tattt, please post up your vin number so we can correctly identify the engine in your car, you should find it at the base of your windscreen.
Is your car a w210 or W211...it doesn't say on the left...and 2003 was a changeover year.

""Is your car a w210 or W211...it doesn't say on the left...and 2003 was a changeover year.""

It is a 210......... His Vin code is above and courtesy of Bob his data card.

Steve

I wasn't taught gallons in school c lol and I find a litre a very small amount to measure by miles?
Conversely, I was not taught litres at school, there was not a function on the slide rule for that, and I still find Litres per Kilometre, very confusing ! MPG all the way.
Around town, you are only going to get 25 - 30 mpg, its the nature of the beast, better mpg @ 40 plus is on tap when you are on the motorways.

Steve.

Was that £72.77 @ £1.30 per litre? That would be 55.72 litres.

Why not simply state the number of litres...it would be so much simpler for everyone rather than stating "half a tank", or so many "miles to the tenner"?
12.18 gallons give or take a thimble full

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

brill so mpg seems sort of correct so a good service address egr and inlet motor issues and car should only need minor things looking into to tidy up really grateful guys for your help and comparisons as new to car and with the issues i have just trying to get a clear picture of how to priorities the to do list obviously cosmetic and audio will be the latter lmfao

1 egr shunt

2 motor resistor

3 aerial is snapped

4 clean headlights

5 sort out lights opened today and found someone has put in cree bulbs for side lights blue bulbs for main beam and broken side light bulb holders for sockets so does not stay fixed in place and randomly bring up warnings on dash computer randomly and lenses definitely need a good kit

6 car stereo CD does not play got blue tooth at moment in glove box working off my phone for tunes lol think i will look into replacing head unit eventually

7 engine bonnet catch one side broken

8 inlet manifold off and clean

9 I can hear lot of niggle not bad but definitely need looking at rattles so need to check bushes suspension shocks n springs

10 sort out door sill strip/trim bit loose drivers side

11 front grill cracked slightly hardly noticeable so might look for a replacement

12 drivers side front fog needs slight attention a little loose does not seem firmly fixed

13 buy some engine covers

14 wiper blade replacement

15 refix front of side skirt drivers side behind front wheel arch little loose and find replacement jacking point cover thats missing

not in no immediate hurry cars not perfect but for 700 pounds not bad either just every time i get a couple days off shall try get something on this list done lol

Last edited:
You're missing the most important thing to check, your thermostats.

Your car should get to 91ºc within 10-15 minutes and then sit there no matter what.

If it drops to 85ºc when moving, or worse lower then your car thinks it is still cold and overfuels. Think old school choke.

There was a Mercedes technical PDF showing how the OBC worked out the MPG, it showed on a chart how much the car over fuels by as it reaches certain temperatures, both coolant and ambient air temperatures are measured. It uses 40% more fuel from cold with ambient air temperatures below 6ºc than when sat at 91ºc with ambient air temperatures of something like 18ºc I think it was.

You really should be getting 350+ miles from a 12 gallon fill up (£72 at £1.30 a litre ;) ) even round town, and should see more like 450+ when adding in some longer runs.

Thermostats are first port of call with any diesel though.

My old C320 cdi averaged 30mpg and couldn't hot 40mpg on a run with a knackered 'stat, once replaced it jumped up to 38mpg average and saw just under 50mpg on a run, it makes a huge difference.

I have a 530d at the mo, that had knackerd stats when I got it, both dropping to 80ºc when moving quickly and averaged 27mpg, with new stats I am averaging 36mpg in it.

Thanks once I get my other issues sorted I will defo look into this

I would do that sooner rather than later if your car is not hitting 90ºc and staying there, makes loads of difference to mpg and less smoky and less likely to get issues with swirl flaps and EGR getting bunged up too.

Car is getting to 90 degrees

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom