• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 .2007. H7 bulb. Help please.

whitefang

Car
e320 cdi, 525tds bmw,
Hi all
Hope all is well.

Can I ask please for a bit of help on main head light bulb (hope I'm in the correct area for post).

In my father's car w211. 220 CDI. 2007.
He brought a led H7 main beam bulb.(X2).
Il post picture of bulb soon.
On the sale site ..it says works for all H7 fitments & is anti flicker ..no dash board warnings. ...plug & play.
It plugs directly into car plug, but when he turned it on, it started to flicker.
So put in original bulb & I got a cable / adopter which says stops anti flicker & dash warnings.
Connected them again plug bulb into cable then cable into car plug.
But it still flickers.

The original bulb are just halogen H7 50wat I think, could be 55wat.
& he's putting low power / wat.

Any body done this & sorted it out.
Any help be great.

Thanks all

Unfortunately it's a known issue with LED conversions, the adverts are simply misleading. The only solution is to buy from a UK supplier that will take them back for a full refund if they don't work in your car.

(BTW, Halogen to LED bulb conversions are illegal in the UK, they are usually sold with the small print saying "For off-road use only", but that's a different story)

How you doing markjay,
I no what you mean.
Most times I do get from a European seller, least it's not to bad in postage to return. & I have got 1 or things from another continent us & china, never had issue before. Always chance tho.

I emailed the company but they said to contact the seller. Which was like a small tiny hole in the bucket...if you get me (bit helpful but nothing much).

I thought it was over a certain K, markjay (like 3500k or 6000k.)

Thanks

See below:

‘Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.’

Last edited:
Good evening markjay.
Lovely out there BBQ time...

Il have look at that MOT thing you put.

I no UK MOTs are a bit strict (the straight 1's that is, I no of dodge 1's aswell).
Wouldn't of thought it of mattered as long as the angle & height of light is correct / passes the test.
I brought my BMW 5 2009. Loved it but broke my heart with this & that going so I traded for w204 & i love it just as much. But the BM head light bulb went ..I took the dead 1 to the car parts shop (not Halfords, a proper place were you buy the parts) & I showed the guy behind the counter (I want the same bright or colour) he said the bulb I gave him was a 100watt ...not 50 or 55 watt, even he said it a wonder I haven't burnt the wires. Got the other put it in bin & put 2 blue bulbs osram Phillips, think 50wat.
I can see what dad is doing (I think) if he drops all the bulb wattage, it will save his alternator & battery. Or put in a nice big stereo & amp ...lol.

Talk to you later.
Have good evening & enjoy the weather while it lasts..(thumbs up).

Unfortunately it's a known issue with LED conversions, the adverts are simply misleading. The only solution is to buy from a UK supplier that will take them back for a full refund if they don't work in your car.

(BTW, Halogen to LED bulb conversions are illegal in the UK, they are usually sold with the small print saying "For off-road use only", but that's a different story)
and also an mot fail!

Good evening markjay.
Lovely out there BBQ time...

Il have look at that MOT thing you put.

I no UK MOTs are a bit strict (the straight 1's that is, I no of dodge 1's aswell).
Wouldn't of thought it of mattered as long as the angle & height of light is correct / passes the test.
I brought my BMW 5 2009. Loved it but broke my heart with this & that going so I traded for w204 & i love it just as much. But the BM head light bulb went ..I took the dead 1 to the car parts shop (not Halfords, a proper place were you buy the parts) & I showed the guy behind the counter (I want the same bright or colour) he said the bulb I gave him was a 100watt ...not 50 or 55 watt, even he said it a wonder I haven't burnt the wires. Got the other put it in bin & put 2 blue bulbs osram Phillips, think 50wat.
I can see what dad is doing (I think) if he drops all the bulb wattage, it will save his alternator & battery. Or put in a nice big stereo & amp ...lol.

Talk to you later.
Have good evening & enjoy the weather while it lasts..(thumbs up).
Try using upgraded higher output H7 bulbs such as Osram Night breakers.

They will be 100 % compatible and perfectly legal 👌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom