W211 7g transmission oil change question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found oil absorbent clothing helped so as I rolled around I cleaned up as I went :) .
Good job buddy !
Yes most of my overflow oil went down my sleeve, only got a little bit on the drive.

I found oil absorbent clothing helped so as I rolled around I cleaned up as I went :) .
Good job buddy !
I had to sling my old polo shirt, Mrs refused to have it anywhere near the washing machine 🙄. Thanks for your assistance couldn't have done it without. Whoever thought up this procedure definitely didn't want to make it easy for the DIY'ers that's for sure.

I’m confused, how can putting less in than you took out be a satisfactory conclusion unless it had been overfilled previously?

I’m confused, how can putting less in than you took out be a satisfactory conclusion unless it had been overfilled previously?
The procedure was followed and this is what went in maybe it was overfilled maybe there was still some left in we will never know. In my opinion this is the biggest flaw in this procedure, there is no way of knowing how much is in the system, without getting oil to 45deg and removing sump plug which I did.

Hi everyone, I'm happy to be able to share with you. I have a similar question, so I would like to post my question here, I have just acquired a Mercedes W220 CDI engine, I bought it from an uncle. The car runs well but in terms of maintenance, there is a little work to be done. so my question is: can we change the brand of oil if we know the reference? If so, do you have any brands to recommend? thanks

I also understand that in spite of the transmission having a torque converter drain plug, the process of draining it is both slow and cumbersome.

I also understand that in spite of the transmission having a torque converter drain plug, the process of draining it is both slow and cumbersome.
Nothing cumbersome about draining the torque converter, just make sure box is in neutral before you start work as you will need to turn the engine manually for the torque converter drain plug to be accessible. I would buy a new drain plug and use a decent Allen key. Might as well do the job proper. Drain hole is bit small and will take bit longer but not cumbersome at all.

Hello everyone, finally I took my courage in both hands, and I went for it. I did my oil change on my own using a tutorial on YouTube and as for the oil, I chose high performance oil from noleaky and it works well. I put the Youtube links at the bottom for the draining tutorial if anyone is interested.

Icône de validation par la communautéTutorial Oil change for Mercedes W220

This is what I used on my w211 e320cdi 2007.
Fuchs Titan ATF 4134 Mercedes MB 236.14 Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom