W211 Alarm Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EddieVanPoppel

Car
E200K estate
About 10-15mins after I’ve locked the car, the hazard lights start going.
I’ve read this is possibly due to failing remote batteries in the siren.
If I completely remove the siren will this solve the problem.
Currently I can’t leave to car locked as I’m scared of the hazard lights running down the battery.
Is there another way round this(economically) ?
I’ve tried disabling to system using the internal button but the lights still come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't raise a £100 to buy a new alarm siren, remove the rearmost front drivers side arch liner and unplug the siren.
Be sure to insulate the plug from dampness and be aware of any insurance implications of disconnecting your alarm.

Alternatively you could take a chance on a used siren if money is tight although the internal battery condition will be an unknown. They are simple to fit and require no coding.
MERCEDES B A E CLS CLASS W245 W169 W211 W219 ALARM HORN SIREN A2198203226 | eBay

Thanks so much, very helpful.
Can I just confirm, it’s the drivers side front wheel arch on a UK car yes ?
Regarding the £100, I’m only reluctant to buy a new one if that isn’t the issue.
Many thanks once again
Ed

Thanks so much, very helpful.
Can I just confirm, it’s the drivers side front wheel arch on a UK car yes ?
Regarding the £100, I’m only reluctant to buy a new one if that isn’t the issue.
Many thanks once again
Ed

Yeah drivers side, my w211 alarm siren needed replacing and I did it myself, took me about 30-45 minutes to do. there's videos on YouTube on how to do it too step by step.

I have removed the siren off my dad’s W210, the car works fine without it.

The siren started to randomly go off at times, unpredictable.

Regarding whether it's the issue or not, when the siren on my W211 failed (completely, I'll admit), there was an error code that I could read with my icarsoft mb v2. Have you used a code reader at all?

Regarding whether it's the issue or not, when the siren on my W211 failed (completely, I'll admit), there was an error code that I could read with my icarsoft mb v2. Have you used a code reader at all?

No, I haven’t . How much are they. It sounds like they may be an essential piece of equipment with a pre-facelift [emoji85]

The one I mentioned is £135. A very useful bit of kit (especially if one has more than one Merc :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom