W211 door wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSS

Car
E-320 CDI Elegance 2004, fitted with Avantgarde alloys
I've had a mobile phone holder attached to the screen for a few years now, the power cable runs from the cigarette lighter in the centre panel. Does the job but looks messy.

I want to look at mounting the phone holder on the door as it will be more shielded from the sun but also I can run dedicated power and do away with the trailing lead.

On the W211 when you open the door there is a removable plastic panel, behind this a variety of wires connecting everything in the door. I'd like to tap into a 12v supply ideally a permanent feed but one controlled by the ignition will do. Something like the powered mirrors will have sufficient spare capacity for phone power but I intend on fitting a separate 1A fuse for the phone.

Anyone have or know what the colour codes are for the door wires that can help me out?

Can't help with the wiring in the door, although I know it's full of unhelpful door/window/lock control modules. The W124 and earlier models just had honest simple wires!! I took my S211 12v feed from the fuse box in the dashboard end, behind the plastic hatch. There is also chassis earth in there. You can obtain a fuse holder to slot into the 12v rail in the fuse rack to take your new anciliary power feed and the fuse capacity of your choice. It is easy to lead it unobtrusively to the base of the A pillar (or further as you wish).

Run a wire to the dash fuse box, that would be the best way to do it

Can't help with the wiring in the door, although I know it's full of unhelpful door/window/lock control modules. The W124 and earlier models just had honest simple wires!! I took my S211 12v feed from the fuse box in the dashboard end, behind the plastic hatch. There is also chassis earth in there. You can obtain a fuse holder to slot into the 12v rail in the fuse rack to take your new anciliary power feed and the fuse capacity of your choice. It is easy to lead it unobtrusively to the base of the A pillar (or further as you wish).

Do you mean I can add to the fuse rail with another fuse holder from Mercedes or a breaker?

In that case I could then feed it out to the door through the rubber trunking that runs between the pillar and the door. :D

Yes - buy new from MB - coppers and add into the existing fuse box. Plenty of spare slots. Item 200 on the attached pic.

Attachments

• FuseBoxDash.pdf
    56.4 KB · Views: 8
Many thanks, that's sorted then :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom