W211 e320cdi 07 plate how to check rear shocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes post 11 earlier in this thread shows a screenshot of the ones I am thinking of getting, and they are listed for sports suspension.
I hope mine are easier to do than w1ghtys.
Well unless your car is newer than 2009 they won’t be :)

Only the lower control arm (the one that supports the base of the spring on the rear) . One on either side .
Ok thanks

I have spent ages trawling through different sites trying to decide which front coil springs I need for my 2007 e320cdi sport. I had saved a set of eibach ones on Autodoc but before purchasing I decided to double check and lo and behold there are a few more eibach ones of differing length that will fit my car. I am at a loss now, I don't want to get it wrong, cos that's already happened once. Does anyone know what length I need, I presume it's going to be the same length on the front as the back.

I have spent ages trawling through different sites trying to decide which front coil springs I need for my 2007 e320cdi sport. I had saved a set of eibach ones on Autodoc but before purchasing I decided to double check and lo and behold there are a few more eibach ones of differing length that will fit my car. I am at a loss now, I don't want to get it wrong, cos that's already happened once. Does anyone know what length I need, I presume it's going to be the same length on the front as the back.

Price them at the dealers . They arn't overly expensive.

Well I've been trying to get through to marshals Merc dealer's, their parts department is unbelievable you just can't get through. Anyway in the meantime I've been looking at the Bilstein b3 springs, part numbers.
Front 37-273855.
Rear 36-163731.
Within my price range and the only ones listed for my car.

Well I've been trying to get through to marshals Merc dealer's, their parts department is unbelievable you just can't get through. Anyway in the meantime I've been looking at the Bilstein b3 springs, part numbers.
Front 37-273855.
Rear 36-163731.
Within my price range and the only ones listed for my car.

You'll not get oe for that price tbh. 👍Screenshot_20230601-153824.png

Are Bilstein coil springs not good quality. They seem to be more expensive than the eibach ones

One other question, after I've replaced springs and shockers is it best to get a 4 wheel alignment done.

One other question, after I've replaced springs and shockers is it best to get a 4 wheel alignment done.
Nothing moves to knock it out tbh.

Does anyone know the correct colour markings for a w211 e320cdi sport 2007 front coil spring. Mercedes won't tell me 😳

Does anyone know the correct colour markings for a w211 e320cdi sport 2007 front coil spring. Mercedes won't tell me 😳

Try and find some the same on eBay , but even that isn't a guarantee, as there's so many permutations. Iirc mine were 2 yellow and one green.

I bought 2 full legs Inc the springs , which were pretty much still brand new for £120 the pair , apex breakers on eBay. I simply swapped the legs out.

Also the spring ratings will go out the window once they've done a few 1000 miles , so I wouldn't be overly bothered on a 2007 car. No offence intended. 👍

Last edited:
If you can find on eBay legs like these ,that match your shock absorber part numbers, the springs should in theory be correct .

Screenshot_20230604-100451.png

Good advice. What I don't want is the car height too high are too low, I have seen that after fitting new springs the car becomes considerably higher, even when springs purchased from MB. The shockers I can get no problems, and I don't really want to go down the second hand route unless they are off a low mileage car and there aren't many of them now. I've had a look on the parts catalog but again it lists 2 types of spring for rear same part numbers, and 3 for the front again same part number its all about the colour markings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom